• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
    Dirrell disgraced black men everywhere
    you're a disgrace to men in general

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      yes, if by hugging you mean neutralizing your enemies firepower by getting in close.

for instance, you got small arms fire, but your opponent only has mid-range cannons... so you go to get in close out of the range of their cannons effectively "hugging" them.

dirrell out-manuevered froch and got robbed.

No I mean hugging as if not to let your opponent do anything while you don't do anything yourself.

All Dirrell did is stop Froch from fighting while not fighting himself.

Dirrell didn't do **** and got exactly what he deserved for his effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
        I didn't say he wore them to honor them.

I'd venture to say there was an implication that he was trying to portray himself as some sort of warrior there.
        1. yeah you didn't say that, I think your looking WAY too much into this

2. where do you get that? Andre was trying to "portray himself as a warrior" by having military badges on his trunks? wtf? why not fight in Camo trunks then?

Paulie Malignaggi had Gatti written on his trunks last fight vs Juan Diaz, I don't think he was trying to portray Gatti. just paying his respects

couldn't Dirrell have been doing the same thing?

as he also wore Gold/yellow ish shoes. if anything

IMO the green trunks + gold/yellow shoes had more to do with the WBC colors then "Dirrell wearing green to show himself as a warrior"

not a very good argument to make .. i mean yeah he had some military patches on his trunks

but he wears green in a lot of his fights.

Comment

I'd venture to say there was an implication that he was trying to portray himself as some sort of warrior there.
          I don't think their are any implications to Dirrell portraying himself as a "warrior" I think your jumping to those conclusions based on nothing.

Andre also had U.S.A on his trunks .. what does that have to do with being a warrior?

if Dirrell really wanted to portray himself as a warrior he could have came into the ring with a helmet or something (like Katsidis does)

Comment

Dirrell's trunks not military, dumb topic

okay your original argument is absolutely terrible and please read my comments before responding

this is what the military uniform looks like

http://www.the-american-interest.com...plan1Large.jpg

or

http://english.people.com.cn/200610/...s/1015_A91.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...litary.480.jpg

and this is what Dirrell wore vs Froch

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ssetType=image

looking at the Military compared to Dirrell they aren't the same, so how can you say Dirrell wore military trunks, when other then having the color green his fight trunks don't match what the color scheme of the military

He came to the ring dressed up in military trunks, with military symbols on them
            the only thing in common Dirrell has with those Military colors is the color green. but besides that, they're nothing alike

Dirrell's trunks are a solid green where the examples above show the military having a camo pattern.

so no Andre didn't come to the ring dressed in military trunks.

**he might have referred to himself as a warrior in the post fight interview

but how do you know Dirrell wasn't just paying tribute to the military with the badges and etc?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              I don't think their are any implications to Dirrell portraying himself as a "warrior" I think your jumping to those conclusions based on nothing.

Andre also had U.S.A on his trunks .. what does that have to do with being a warrior?

if Dirrell really wanted to portray himself as a warrior he could have came into the ring with a helmet or something (like Katsidis does)
              it was late and i was drunk, but i could've swore he called himself a warrior in the interview after the "fight"

Comment

He came to the ring dressed up in military trunks, with military symbols on them and called himself "Sgt."....

Then he gets in the ring and runs, spoils and brings nothing but negativity.

If the military fought anything like Dirrell we'd be conquered by tomorrow.
                u r an idiot!! Crotch is a fake.... JC should come back and kick his ass

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  it was late and i was drunk, but i could've swore he called himself a warrior in the interview after the "fight"
                  already posted, but so what ... the original argument mentioned Dirrell's trunks as military .. which isn't true

**I mean Gatti had the word warrior tattooed on his stomach for christ sake
                  and Campbell on his back

why don't they get more criticism for trying to pose as "warriors"

and the best you can do for Dirrell is he has a couple badges on his shorts?

what you can't defend is that Andre also has U.S.A on his trunks, which has nothing to do with being a warrior

take the fact that Andre was fighting in another country sounds to me like Dirrell was trying to show nationalism more then anything.

Comment

froch brought shame to the UK troops, and the old lady with the crown.

Comment

I didn't ever think of it that way.. I enjoyed the fight.. He ran a little, held way to much, but I enjoyed watching a few of his combos land.

Comment

Working...
                      X