Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are losses so devastating in this era of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there's one thing for sure: the best super middleweight fighters in the world are gonna have a few "Ls" on their records come this time next year. I wonder how said fighters will be judged...

Comment

Its like the old-battlelife saying: Losing a fight but winning the war. Everybody lives his own war, at the end other decide about if you are good or bad. But a warrior can not lie to himself. It is not important to be undefeated, maybe one day Boxers will ask themself honestly if it was wrong not to fight somebody he has to fought.

What is said, that there are talents, who live in their own constructed world, with people around them, people like animals, with no mind no honour, telling this special boxer, that he is the best, he beats anybody. Fantasies are stronger than reality.

Comment

I notice people saying that if they lose, they should retire. What's with that? A loss isn't that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
          I wonder the same thing...

Cotto loses to Margarito and he's shot, mentaly unstable, lost something...Hatton loses twice in all his fights against two guys who, at the time, were considered the #1 p4p boxers...and now he needs to retire...

Hatton was sleeping for a good 10 minutes against pacquaio after he got knocked out in the 2nd round. And if you see his recent picture that he is completly fat now. Obviously Pacquaio took his confidence away for good.

Cotto obviously lost something after the margarito lost. You know taking a knee during that fight show alot of mental weakness in Cotto.
          Last edited by victorythagr8; 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by masta View Post
            I notice people saying that if they lose, they should retire. What's with that? A loss isn't that big of a deal.

It is when you have a big losing streak or if you are the bigger fighter and you can't win a single round against a fighter who jump two weight classes to fight you(pacquaio vs oscar).

Comment

Working...
            X