Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Refs Been Named For This Weekend's Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Refs Been Named For This Weekend's Fights?

I would assume that a big part of the haggling in the negotiations would be to make sure that Abraham and Froch don't get the normal hometown refs and judges.

Don't want to see Abraham-Taylor reffed by the same guy who helped Yoan Pablo Hernandez up after a knockdown nor does anyone want to see the whole tournament ruined by fat ******s like Terry O'conner or Dave Paris.

I really hope that there is a list of 3 or 4 well respected refs and that all Super 6 fights will be reffed by the same trustworthy officials.

I think the ref for the Froch - Dirrell fight is Guido Cavalleri who also did the Froch - Pascal fight?

You don't need to worry about hometown judges either for that fight since WBC draft in judges from all over the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      I think the ref for the Froch - Dirrell fight is Guido Cavalleri who also did the Froch - Pascal fight?
      That's who I guessed it would be.

Wonder who will do Taylor Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post

You don't need to worry about hometown judges either for that fight since WBC draft in judges from all over the shop.

I'm not worried about judges in the Froch fight cause I dont see it going to the cards either way.

I'm just worried there will be a ref who will let Froch mug Dirrell allowing him to hold and hit and punch behind the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          I'm not worried about judges in the Froch fight cause I dont see it going to the cards either way.

I'm just worried there will be a ref who will let Froch mug Dirrell allowing him to hold and hit and punch behind the head.
          Cavalleri let a fair bit of **** slide in the Froch - Pascal fight so don't be surprised if Dirrell gets ruffed up a bit when they come in for a hug.

BTW, i'm not a 100% sure it is Guido Cavalleri but he is usually the guy who handles WBC title fights in Europe over the years.

Comment

Roger Tilleman for Abraham vs Taylor and Terry O'Connor for Froch vs Dirrell.

Joking

Comment

It's gonna be a a US ref for Abraham vs. Taylor...as I said, I heard the name Smoger at the beginning of this week, but lets wait for tomorrow's weigh-in...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Roger Tilleman for Abraham vs Taylor and Terry O'Connor for Froch vs Dirrell.

Joking

Very Funny.

A guy like Terry O'Conner getting his hands on one of these jobs could ruin the whole tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Tocca View Post
                  It's gonna be a a US ref for Abraham vs. Taylor...as I said, I heard the name Smoger at the beginning of this week, but lets wait for tomorrow's weigh-in...
                  Smoger??

The man is a legend. Perfect fit for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    Smoger??

The man is a legend. Perfect fit for this fight.

Smoger should definitely be involved as much as possible.

He should ref a semi-final and he should be the man for the final as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X