No announcement yet.

Alvarez vs Mayweather is just a publicity stunt to gain interest in Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarez vs Mayweather is just a publicity stunt to gain interest in Alvarez

Everyone knows this fight will never happen. How could it?

Why would GBP throw a 19 year old prospect up against the best fighter in the world? They wouldn't. Even if they could sell 100,000 tickets (that's a big if), Alvarez would have basically no chance and it would harm his earning power in the future, especially if he was dominated (likely).

IMO this is little more than a publicity stunt by Schaeffer to get Alvarez's name out there. Look what's happened already.

Yesterday no one knew this guy, today he's the talk of the town.

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post

Why would GBP throw a 19 year old prospect up against the best fighter in the world? They wouldn't. Even if they could sell 100,000 tickets (that's a big if), Alvarez would have basically no chance and it would harm his earning power in the future, especially if he was dominated (likely).

IMO this is little more than a publicity stunt by Schaeffer to get Alvarez's name out there. Look what's happened already.

That's not a Big If, they would sell even 200, 000 tickets if there were a Stadium like that, Alvarez is that kind of STAR in Mexico, and Mayweather is known in Mexico too, thanks to his fight with Marquez and the 24/7 on Network TV on Televisa.

And if he loses the excuses will be he was only 19 years old, and fought the Best in the World, what a courage this kid has for fighting Mayweather they will say, it will not hurt that much his selling power, because of his age.

And a PPV with Money May will make him a Known Name to the casual american public.
    Last edited by El Jaguar; 10-15-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Everyone's going crazy over it, which is what they want and why they did it. It's clearly just to get Alvarez's name around.

Comment

if Alvarez was a GBP fighter I could see this as being possible.. but he isn't so it doesn't.
        Why would GBP promote a fighter which they hold no stock in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          if Alvarez was a GBP fighter I could see this as being possible.. but he isn't so it doesn't.

theory debunked

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            Canelo's Manager, Rafael "La Cobra" Mendoza had a meeting with GBP this thursday i believe.

To finish the details of Canelo next fight on December 5 or November 27 in the States that will be promoted by GBP, there should be an announcement of his next opponent on this days.

Also Canelo's people rejected an offer of Top Rank to fight on December.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post

agree....

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                theory debunked

/thread
                Who's to say they're not intending to sign him in the near future?

Comment

so shafaer nows talks for mayweather!!! ???? I bet they are going to sign this guy

Comment

I could definitely (Lennox) see Mayweather taking this fight (and even somehow justify it) for the money....

Comment

Working...
                    X