No announcement yet.

Could Taylor Easily Be 25-7?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Taylor Easily Be 25-7?

What would you think of him then, had he not gotten either Hopkins decision, if he lost the Winky fight, the Spinks fight. Some people are split on these victories. Would your view change of Taylor is he was 25-7 instead of 28-3-1?
    Last edited by Bhopreign; 10-14-2009, 02:12 AM.

im my fair opinion he lost hopkins 1 (there shouldnt have been a second fite), spinks, and WWright.
    but boxing is boxing. cant say much

Comment

I thought he won all 3 of those fights and got a draw with Wright, but I guess I can see how we all could have viewed the fights differently. Hopkins, Wright fights were really close. I don't really know much about the spinks fight since I honestly shut it off because it was so god damn boring. Maybe spinks was robbed, could give 2 ****s he is a boring mother ****er.

Comment

B-Hop didn't win ****.

You can't do absolutely nothing but defend until rounds 9-12 and expect to win if you don't knock the guy down or out.

I did feel like Winky took the fight and even Cory could have split with Jermain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          What would you think of him then, had he not gotten the either Hopkins decision, if he lost the Winky fight, the Spinks fight. Some people are split on these victories. Would your view change of Taylor is he was 25-7 instead of 28-3-1?
          spinks is not really debatable taylor won that but the winky and hopkins fights were really close and even if they were ruled losses i still think i would think of jt the same as i do now a very solid fighter who is not unbeatable but a very difficult fight for anyone

Comment

Taylor lost to Winky, period. The Bhop decisions pissed me the **** off at the time, but by now I can accept it. 1st fight he did no better than a draw imo. Rematch coulda been 6-6 or 7-5 either way. Spinks ain't win ****. I dunno how the hell anybody scored it for Cory.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
              spinks is not really debatable taylor won that but the winky and hopkins fights were really close and even if they were ruled losses i still think i would think of jt the same as i do now a very solid fighter who is not unbeatable but a very difficult fight for anyone
              Actually the Cory Spinks fight was more debatable than the Hopkins fight.

Hopkins did nothing for 8 rounds other than defend and back away. He came alive the final 4 rounds and lost. The 2nd fight wasn't a close as the 1st.

Cory Spinks had Jermain in the center of the ring and kept JT off balance and not landing either all while flicking the jab and scoring occasionally. Cory was more active while also defending as opposed to just defending.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                Spinks ain't win ****. I dunno how the hell anybody scored it for Cory.
                How can anyone score a fight they fell asleep to.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                  Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                    judges do it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X