Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Taylor Easily Be 25-7?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winky beat taylor!!!! i dunno about the hopkins fight i can't remember them enough to comment on..but i've watched the wright fight numerous times and saw it live..and wright got robbed

Comment

I wouldn't change my opinion just because of a number. Only an uniformed fan would do that. Regardless of the decisions in the Hopkins and Wright fights, you can't deny they were close and to be that competitive with those two guys says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
        I wouldn't change my opinion just because of a number. Only an uniformed fan would do that. Regardless of the decisions in the Hopkins and Wright fights, you can't deny they were close and to be that competitive with those two guys says a lot.
        i like your gif. calzaghe missing everything and hopkins landing a clean shot in between his wide crap. the magic of good boxing goes unrewarded and the frustrated fool who slaps air wins. laughable.
        Last edited by daggum; 10-14-2009, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          i like your gif. calzaghe missing everything and hopkins landing a clean shot in between his wide crap. the magic of good boxing goes unrewarded and the frustrated fool who slaps air wins. laughable.
          Yea, it's the story of the fight. In that exchange: Calzaghe 0-7, Hopkins 1-1.

Comment

I dont want to discuss calzaghe vs. hopkins but hopkins' punch in that gif was nothing.

Comment

If if if...

You could also argue "if he KO'd Pavlik in the 2nd round and lasted 14 more seconds against Froch, he'd be undefeated".

Doesn't really matter. Overall nobody can argue that he's had a lot of VERY close fights against the best in and around his division.

Comment

Please don't bash me for this,but in my oppinion,the Taylor-Spinks fight was just like the DLH-floyd fight!!I remember being a little upset because no sooner than floyd won,Spinks lost in fights that played out almost identical!!

I think Winky won & Taylor did edge B-hop,but it's B-Hop who beat himself!!Someone mentioned not fighting until the 9-12 rounds & expecting victory,it happens,ask Tito!!

Comment

Fittingly enough, it almost sums up both Taylor-Hopkins fights.

I agree with most, though, that it's not plausible to think of him as 25-7, because a loss to Hopkins in the first fight doesn't lead to a rematch and possibly not even a fight w/ Wink.

Of the disputed calls, strangely enough I had Taylor losing 115-113 in each instance. But of the four, I didn't take great issue with the 2nd Hopkins fight, and could accept to a degree the draw in the Wink fight.

I never saw the argument that he deserved the nod in the other two fights, though contend that each were close. I will say that the second loss to Pavlik was far more precise than the case for his losing to Hopkins and/or Spinks.

Comment

All good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      What would you think of him then, had he not gotten either Hopkins decision, if he lost the Winky fight, the Spinks fight. Some people are split on these victories. Would your view change of Taylor is he was 25-7 instead of 28-3-1?
                      Spin it the other way:

What if he got the Winky decision...and actually finished off Pavlik and Froch when he had the chance.

What would we think of him then?

Comment

Working...
                      X