Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Believes Friend Josh Taylor Has Lost His Spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Believes Friend Josh Taylor Has Lost His Spark

Amir Khan believes Josh Taylor's career will catch up with him on Saturday in his rematch with Jack Catterall. The long-term rivals finally fight again, at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, little over two years after one of the modern era's most notorious scoring controversies ensured that Taylor was awarded a split-decision victory to retain his undisputed super-lightweight title on an evening in Glasgow on which the Scot was widely considered to have been outboxed.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-23-2024, 04:40 AM.

Seems like a good friend to have! You lose one fight and they tell you that you might as well give up
    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Taylor was great and went on a really decent run but time waits for no man. He was in some gruelling battles and had a long amateur career. Not everyone has the longevity of a Crawford or Canelo. I was a Taylor fan but his best days are gone. Commonwealth gold as an amateur, commonwealth, European and undisputed titles as a pro isn't to be sniffed at. My prediction is he loses a tight one at the weekend and doesn't go back to domestic level and retires.

Comment

Khan is delusional even soft handed catteral would knock him out without the headgear lmao
        wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
          Seems like a good friend to have! You lose one fight and they tell you that you might as well give up
          Of course it's a good friend to have, having someone blowing smoke up your ass is much worse than someone telling you the truth.

Men generally tell uncomfortable truths and women prefer comforting lies, it's wild to me that men are preferring the comforting lies these days...

Taylor hasn't beat anyone decent and when he has beat people some regarded as "decent" fighters it was by the smallest of margins.

And truthfully you could have a solid argument for the other guy(s).

If he loses to Catterall he has nowhere to go, he's not going back to fighting 8 rounders for chump change and it's more than apparent he won't move to 47 despite likely needing to do it years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Of course it's a good friend to have, having someone blowing smoke up your ass is much worse than someone telling you the truth.

Men generally tell uncomfortable truths and women prefer comforting lies, it's wild to me that men are preferring the comforting lies these days...

Taylor hasn't beat anyone decent and when he has beat people some regarded as "decent" fighters it was by the smallest of margins.

If he loses to Catterall he has nowhere to go, he's not going back to fighting 8 rounders for chump change and it's more than apparent he won't move to 47 despite likely needing to do it years ago...
            I agree that Taylor needed to move up - and he is not physical enough or good enough to trouble the top wws over the last 5 years.
            I think he beat very good fighters in Prograis and Ramirez. Esp Prograis. I think all three hit their peak about the same time in 2019 or so. Then they took lumps out of each other. The Prograis that lost to Haney wasn't the same fighter that lost to Taylor and same deal with Taylor viz-a-viz Prograis and Lopez. Ramirez I've always doubted - a good competent fighter but he had some gift decisions along the way.

Comment

Taylor would have been another of Khan's imaginary wins

Comment

What a great friend Amir Khan is!! His friendship bond is as strong as his glass chin....

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

You are missing the point - you can't tell someone their spark has gone, when they've only had 20 fights and they just lost one of them.

Fighters have bad performances and fighters also have guys they struggle against. Wait until he has performed badly over a few fights. Watch other sports and you will see the top guys lose all the time, put on a bad performance or just not get into their rhythm.

Boxing tries to con you that fighters have to look good or win every fight and if not they should retire. Sort of thing a casual fan says.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                    Thats what I was thinking. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
                    Roberto Vasquez Roberto Vasquez likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X