No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Usyk Fight Week Diary: Day Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury-Usyk Fight Week Diary: Day Six

For those curious about the evolving fan experience on fight night in Saudi Arabia, when BoxingScene arrived at the remote Kingdom Arena for Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk there were fans having a flag confiscated, despite theirs being a flag dedicated to Usyk, and not Ukraine. For those curious about the potential evolution - or lack thereof - of narcissism's John Fury, he could again be seen front and centre when his son first arrived at the arena, and then when the then-WBC heavyweight champion made his way to the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-20-2024, 06:12 AM.

While this appeared to be the best crowd/atmosphere of any of the fights in Saudi Arabia, it was closer to the atmosphere of any of the "bubble" fights than any major fight in the UK, US, or Australia. The way the announcers were touting the atmosphere for this fight was so fake. It's like they had to put on that act for fear of being beheaded over there if they didn't.

It's great that some of these high profile fights are coming together - and I personally don't think it's the ONLY way these fights could have been made - but these big fights need to be fought in the proper setting going forward. I'm happy that Turki is putting on the Crawford card in LA and a Joshua one in England, at least. Hopefully, there will be more of that in the future.

Being in the U.S., I prefer cards that are at night over here, but even the daytime ones in the UK aren't bad because the crowds are raucous, the way fight crowds should be. And while I'm on the topic of crowds, yeah Naoya Inoue doesn't need to fight outside of Japan because he's a star over there, but Japanese culture makes their fight crowds stale, too. So, I'd like to see The Monster fight in the US or UK for the sole reason of the crowds in those arenas.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post
      While this appeared to be the best crowd/atmosphere of any of the fights in Saudi Arabia, it was closer to the atmosphere of any of the "bubble" fights than any major fight in the UK, US, or Australia. The way the announcers were touting the atmosphere for this fight was so fake. It's like they had to put on that act for fear of being beheaded over there if they didn't.

It's great that some of these high profile fights are coming together - and I personally don't think it's the ONLY way these fights could have been made - but these big fights need to be fought in the proper setting going forward. I'm happy that Turki is putting on the Crawford card in LA and a Joshua one in England, at least. Hopefully, there will be more of that in the future.

Being in the U.S., I prefer cards that are at night over here, but even the daytime ones in the UK aren't bad because the crowds are raucous, the way fight crowds should be. And while I'm on the topic of crowds, yeah Naoya Inoue doesn't need to fight outside of Japan because he's a star over there, but Japanese culture makes their fight crowds stale, too. So, I'd like to see The Monster fight in the US or UK for the sole reason of the crowds in those arenas.
      The UK fans are the best in my opinion. They come out in huge numbers and know how to have a good time. They don't have fights in the audience and everyone trying to make it a celebrity and fashion show like in the U.S. They need to update their song selection, but it's cool how they're always singing.
      Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

The UK fans are the best in my opinion. They come out in huge numbers and know how to have a good time. They don't have fights in the audience and everyone trying to make it a celebrity and fashion show like in the U.S. They need to update their song selection, but it's cool how they're always singing.
        Without a doubt, the UK fans are the best boxing fans. Boxing is niche in the U.S. currently, but huge in the UK. Too many wanna-be thugs here.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X