Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Hails Undisputed Heavyweight King Oleksandr Usyk As 'The Best Fighter In Modern History'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Hails Undisputed Heavyweight King Oleksandr Usyk As 'The Best Fighter In Modern History'

Former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko was delighted that his countryman, Oleksandr Usyk, had just become the first undisputed heavyweight champion for 25 years. In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Usyk completed his collection of belts by adding Tyson Fury's WBC strap to his WBA, IBF and WBO titles. Klitschko, whose long reign was ended by Fury in 2015, had held all of the titles bar the WBC, which was held by his big brother Vitali for sections of his own championship run.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The rematch will be even better

Comment

Vlad's just elated Fury finally lost and that his compatriot was the one to do it lol.

The lighter divisions have so much more skill and a wider pool of fighters to go through. I lean towards Crawford or Inoue as the modern best.

Comment

Hell of a fight--no major cuts, fouls, etc. Usyk took some tough uppercuts but came back hard. Fans are happy.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

No Wlad, he’s not

Comment

Remember Briggs had him falling off a paddle boat lol...
            w1cked w1cked likes this.

Comment

Fury has been overrated for years….fighter’s allowed him to lay his rotund body on them…his boxing skills were adequate but because he was 6’9” people thought he was something special….he’s not….and never was

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
                Vlad's just elated Fury finally lost and that his compatriot was the one to do it lol.

The lighter divisions have so much more skill and a wider pool of fighters to go through. I lean towards Crawford or Inoue as the modern best.
                In his Inoue’s case, I’d find it hard to argue that he has a wider pool of fighters, given that there is probably a smaller percentage of men at that weight than there are at heavyweight, or at least not too dissimilar.

Regardless, what sets apart Usyk from Inoue and Crawford in the p4p debate is that he has overcome a far bigger weight disadvantage than either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

In his Inoue’s case, I’d find it hard to argue that he has a wider pool of fighters, given that there is probably a smaller percentage of men at that weight than there are at heavyweight, or at least not too dissimilar.

Regardless, what sets apart Usyk from Inoue and Crawford in the p4p debate is that he has overcome a far bigger weight disadvantage than either of them.
                  I'd probably agree if this wasn't such a weak era for heavyweights. AJ and Wilder were the two top guys at one point and Fury almost lost to an 0-0.
                  Texball Texball likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TelMex View Post
                    Remember Briggs had him falling off a paddle boat lol...
                    lmaoo, that was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X