Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia Reclaims IBF Cruiserweight Title By Winning Rematch With Mairis Briedis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia Reclaims IBF Cruiserweight Title By Winning Rematch With Mairis Briedis

Jai Opetaia reclaimed the IBF cruiserweight title after easing to victory in his rematch with Mairis Briedis
    [Click Here To Read More]

I might have to rewatch this fight, cause a lotta those rounds looked close to me.

Comment

Shame for Briedis. Real shame.

Comment

2 or 3 rounds more and it could get a draw.
        The Comeback of Briedis impressed (with 39).

Comment

Breidis is a dirty fighter .He kept trying to land an elbow .Hit low and the back of the head, I'm very happy Jai won .

Comment

Jai won this, but Briedis really came back at him at the end there. I don't know what to think about that. Briedis has been inactive for nearly 2 years and coming off a loss. He was badly inactive the last time they fought but he still gave Jai hell.

Still don't know how good Jai really is. I need to see him in with an active opponent who is decent. Then we'll know. Jury is still out for me.
            pnut901 pnut901 Oracle01 Oracle01 like this.

Comment

Wow! Yes! That was an entertaining fight! Briedis did well. Great win for Opetaia and congratulations to him on winning the IBF Cruiserweight Title!

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                Jai won this, but Briedis really came back at him at the end there. I don't know what to think about that. Briedis has been inactive for nearly 2 years and coming off a loss. He was badly inactive the last time they fought but he still gave Jai hell.

Still don't know how good Jai really is. I need to see him in with an active opponent who is decent. Then we'll know. Jury is still out for me.

Jai looks great fighting bums but seeing him get busted up by a 39 year old and barely squeak by tells me all i need to know about him. its usually a weak division so jai can stay champ for a while but he isnt that great compared across eras or p4p
                leebatt leebatt likes this.

Comment

Breidis is tough, gave Usyk the hell of the fight also. But Opetaia is just too small, he can`t fight at hw. Unifying cruiserweight is his limit.
                  pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

2 years off meant no more shop wear and tear for Breidis in that period.

Jai did well to not underestimate him, pay him ultimate respect and outbox him for the decision.

On slip and it would have been over for either.

Comment

Working...
                    X