Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cherneka Johnson Open To Nina Hughes Rematch After Announcer Blooper Ruins Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cherneka Johnson Open To Nina Hughes Rematch After Announcer Blooper Ruins Outcome

Cherneka Johnson became a two-division world champion on Saturday night, yet the circumstances of the announcement of victory overshadowed the outcome. Lt. Dan Hennessey, the ring announcer, stated her opponent Nina Hughes had won the bout before correcting himself and announcing Johnson as the winner.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 05-13-2024, 01:34 AM.

This is so ******. The announcer has nothing to do with what happened. The scores were already set in stone on the cards. Just because some moron announcer can't do his 1 job correctly doesn't mean you need to have an entire fight again. Sure, unless Johnson feels it's just an easy paycheck and win with a ****** back story to sell it? I don't know. There is no need for this to happen again.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Johnson should be required to fight in spandex shorts
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Hughes is just trying to take advantage of the situation. She lost fair and square. Trying to capitalize on an announcers mistake and insinuate that she was robbed is just dirty . As far as I am concerned , for that cynical ploy alone she doesn't deserve a rematch. Her " style" of moving her hands without any concern for accuracy and failure to land anything of consequence are why she lost , not any conspiracy against her. Cherneka should have been more active and not waited for Hughes to throw first in my opinion , but she still won the fight. Onward and upward Sweet Neeks !
        Last edited by pnut901; 05-13-2024, 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling error , a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Johnson should be required to fight in spandex shorts
          I was thinking more like a thong and bikini top.

Even in the middle of a fight you can see that she's got a beautiful face. It's a surprise that someone of her physical beauty is a fighter. Good for her though. Toughness can live inside anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

I was thinking more like a thong and bikini top.

Even in the middle of a fight you can see that she's got a beautiful face. It's a surprise that someone of her physical beauty is a fighter. Good for her though. Toughness can live inside anyone.
            Yeah count me in and all

Comment

Working...
            X