Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Down, But Not Out: Boxing's Greatest Off-The-Deck-Moments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Down, But Not Out: Boxing's Greatest Off-The-Deck-Moments

Naoya Inoue and Luis Nery worked out of a brief clinch, and the southpaw Nery was crouched slightly lower than Inoue. Seeing his opponent's head at shoulder level, Inoue popped him in the chin with a short left uppercut, but there wasn't much on it -- not enough to deter Nery from letting loose with a full-force left cross. And with Inoue's right glove lowered as he wound up to follow his left uppercut with a right cross, Nery's left landed perfectly on the junior featherweight champion's exposed jaw, twisting him 180 degrees as he spun counterclockwise to the canvas for the first time in his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good article.

Respect for the ESPN FNF mention.

The good ol' days when boxing was easily accessible.

Comment

Holmes against Shavers, Fury against Wilder and Corrales against Castillo are the three that stand out for me. I’d add Froch-Groves 1 too but the ending ruined it.

Comment

Fun article!

Foreman vs Lyle really is unbelievable, like the bits in the Rocky films where they have you tutting at how unrealistic the numerous heavy blows are. Not one for the purists, but just monumental amounts of whaling going on.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Holmes against Shavers, Fury against Wilder and Corrales against Castillo are the three that stand out for me. I’d add Froch-Groves 1 too but the ending ruined it.
          Guess you could say the same about Eubank-Watson 2 and Benn-McClellan. How about Jorge Castro v John David Jackson ? Granted Castro didn't get decked, but he was taking the kind of beating that no fighter should.

Comment

Ortiz VS Berto. One of the best fights I’ve seen!

Comment

Douglas was 42 to 1 to beat Tyson, not 37 to 1 as reported here.

ESPN even made a documentary on the fight called “42-1”.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                Fun article!

Foreman vs Lyle really is unbelievable, like the bits in the Rocky films where they have you tutting at how unrealistic the numerous heavy blows are. Not one for the purists, but just monumental amounts of whaling going on.
                On a slighter lower historical scale, check out Darrol Wilson-Courage Tshabalala from around 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Latin View Post
                  Ortiz VS Berto. One of the best fights I’ve seen!
                  Great shout. Maidana-Ortiz too.
                  Flashy Latin Flashy Latin likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by fistic flow View Post

Guess you could say the same about Eubank-Watson 2 and Benn-McClellan. How about Jorge Castro v John David Jackson ? Granted Castro didn't get decked, but he was taking the kind of beating that no fighter should.
                    Benn vs G-Man is a great shout, brutal fight with a brutal finish.

Algieri vs Provodnikov is another one I’ve just randomly thought of.

Comment

Working...
                    X