No announcement yet.

Virgil never asked that of ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
    Why won't Tank fight the great competition in his own weight class?
    Tank’s resume is definitely lacking. Not fighting Haney, Stevenson, or Teofimo is a bad look. And then draining Ryan Garcia and adding a fighting rehydration clause. Tank needs to step up after Frank Martin unless he’s done with boxing.

Comment

Virgil sounds like the typical casual ret@rd. How is it even possible since he’s been in boxing for so long.

Comment

in this case the weight classes for reasons should not allow this fight to happen

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Tank’s resume is definitely lacking. Not fighting Haney, Stevenson, or Teofimo is a bad look. And then draining Ryan Garcia and adding a fighting rehydration clause. Tank needs to step up after Frank Martin unless he’s done with boxing.
          Draining ryan garcia, the excuses never end

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            No way anyone should expect that a man who started at 115 should be fighting 6 divisions up unless he is close to 135.
            It's even worse than that. Inoue started at light-flyweight which is 108lbs. He's now already five weight classes higher than where he began (although he skipped flyweight entirely), 135lbs would be eight weight classes in total. It's an absurd notion, even more so when you consider it's Tank of all people who they want him to fight - a guy who wouldn't fight Ryan Garcia at 136lbs without a rehydration clause.

Inoue should max out at 126lbs imo. See if he can unify there and then retire. He's already 31 and Japanese fighters (wisely) tend to retire in their early thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrownbomber_ View Post

Draining ryan garcia, the excuses never end
              What do you consider bringing someone down from 140lbs to 136lbs and a 10lb rehydration limit.

Look when this fight took place and everyone was b/tching about the weight, I said that’s Ryan Garcia’s fault for accepting it. But both are true. It’s Garcia’s fault for accepting it and Tank did weight drain Garcia and had extra weight stipulations on him. Even after fighting Mario Barrios at 140 for the WBA title and not asking for any of that.

So yeah, excuses wouldn’t be made if fighters don’t give fans any reason to.

For the record I think Tank>Garcia, and I think Garcia beats Tank even at 140 without rehydration clauses. But the fact is the fight that took place was at a catchweight and with a rehydration clause. Those are facts. Ryan Garcia was indeed weight drained. If you’re not fighting at a weight that is optimal for your body: You are weight drained.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                No way anyone should expect that a man who started at 115 should be fighting 6 divisions up unless he is close to 135. Doubt he would beat any top fighter at 135 so anything else is a non-starter unless Inoue can be successful at 130 which I'm not convinced of yet. Can only go to the well so many times and then it becomes a bridge too far.
                I agree.

And Inoue started at 108
                crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

What do you consider bringing someone down from 140lbs to 136lbs and a 10lb rehydration limit.

Look when this fight took place and everyone was b/tching about the weight, I said that’s Ryan Garcia’s fault for accepting it. But both are true. It’s Garcia’s fault for accepting it and Tank did weight drain Garcia and had extra weight stipulations on him. Even after fighting Mario Barrios at 140 for the WBA title and not asking for any of that.

So yeah, excuses wouldn’t be made if fighters don’t give fans any reason to.

For the record I think Tank>Garcia, and I think Garcia beats Tank even at 140 without rehydration clauses. But the fact is the fight that took place was at a catchweight and with a rehydration clause. Those are facts. Ryan Garcia was indeed weight drained. If you’re not fighting at a weight that is optimal for your body: You are weight drained.
                  I don't want to be THAT guy....But Barrios 100% had a Hydration clause.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I don't want to be THAT guy....But Barrios 100% had a Hydration clause.

I stand corrected. So Ryan got a double whammy.

Comment

Tank needs to step up after Frank Martin unless he’s done with boxing.
                      tank is doing exactly what he wants to do with boxing, he looks the happiest boxer out there making good cash for his fights, thats not going to change easily

Comment

Working...
                      X