Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Open to Re-signing Terence Crawford: 'There Is No Animosity There'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford should wake up , these guys only see green as he should!

Comment

Sorry Bob, I think Terence is mainly working with Turki now. All about the money now, mainly anyway.

He's a great boxer, although not a big box office star. He's right to cash in on the success from the Spence fight, for which he was well remunerated for.

Be sure, he'd fight Canelo and/ or Jaron Ennis, if Turki pays enough.
      Last edited by Liondw; 05-08-2024, 09:29 AM.
      BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Idk why. Crawford is still not a PPV star and he’ll still ask for more money than he can generate. And that was Arum’s gripe with Crawford.
        i dont know why TR and arum couldnt promote TC to become a star? arum said something along the line that TC is not a draw. but i feel like if they really wanted to promote TC to become a star, they could easily have...

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

i dont know why TR and arum couldnt promote TC to become a star? arum said something along the line that TC is not a draw. but i feel like if they really wanted to promote TC to become a star, they could easily have...
          In boxing unfortunately you have to promote yourself if you want to be a real star. Promoters just seem to give a boxer the platform and network to fight on. You have to have other qualities other than just being good.

And unfortunately, in Crawford’s best years, his 20s and early 30s, he wasted away his time fighting nobodies and that’s not how you become a star.

So Crawford doesn’t have the personality to sell himself, and then to top it off he wasted his career in Top Rank fighting C level fighters. He “stepped up” to fight 3 semi retired opponents, Brook, Khan and Porter. That’s not what people want to see. He should’ve been in PBC in his prime to get better names.

Comment

I think it's a combination of a few things. Bud does t do himself any favors in promoting himself, the pandemic and pbc blackballing him for so long.

At least now, real money from SA is backing him. Hope these last few years are great for him and boxing.

if he's able to become undisputed at 154, he def goes down as an atg...
            BlackRobb BlackRobb zalous zalous like this.

Comment

"he just wanted to display respect for the sport of boxing, and not just somebody that's coming to hold these type of fighters down and not let the world see him​"

thats u bob

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

I think it's a combination of a few things. Bud does t do himself any favors in promoting himself, the pandemic and pbc blackballing him for so long.

At least now, real money from SA is backing him. Hope these last few years are great for him and boxing.

if he's able to become undisputed at 154, he def goes down as an atg...
                this seems like an excuse... bob and TR was able to promote guys like loma pretty well... they could have promoted bud as an undefeated fighter. the next floyd, the fighter to beat floyd, etc... and fans would have eaten that up.

Comment

this seems like an excuse... bob and TR was able to promote guys like loma pretty well... they could have promoted bud as an undefeated fighter. the next floyd, the fighter to beat floyd, etc... and fans would have eaten that up.
                  I can agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

I can agree with that
                    it's just weird that TR and bob didnt make any attempt... maybe bob and TR knows something we dont about TC.... but I just feel like they could have promoted TC to become a star with what I listed on my previous post... an undefeated fighter, a fighter who can fight both stance, the next floyd or the fighter to beat floyd, etc... fans are dumb LOL, they will latch on to anything that sounds good.
                    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Translated, cancer tumor looking for a host
                      BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X