No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nery Goes Full Circle, From Villain To Anti-Hero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Nery wasn't supposed to be there. Not only did Nery gain redemption, not only did he get well paid. He put the mark of the dog on Inoue. If 122 Nery can drop him, imagine 126 Venado?
    Well, Deer isn't a southpaw so he wouldn't have been at the angle to throw that perfect left counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

Yup and thats my personal opinion based on what I saw and I'm not trying to push my preferences onto anyone else. Just giving my opinion and like I said before, what a dog nery is! Difference between nery and the fights and fighters you named is that Nery did it against arguably the number 1 p4p fighter who is undisputed and undefeated and oh yeah in the champs country. Nery got to Japan a villain but left with ALOT more Japanese fans and overall fans in general. I'm watching that kid fight in his next fight no matter who it is...
      I wasn’t trying to push my preferences. I just said it was interesting because it’s an odd take for some lone who claims to be a boxing fan. If we’re being real, Nery landed one meaningful punch and proceeded to get demolished. Get a grip. Seems like you’re letting your nationalistic bias take control of reality again. The other fighters mentioned put up much better efforts and did so for a much more sustained amount of time. And sorry but I think the vast majority of boxing fans would agree that going to war with a prime hall of famer like Trinidad for 12 rounds before being stopped, going toe to toe for 11 rounds with a non stop puncher who had plaster in his wraps, battling it out with a monster like beterbiev and being involved in what’s arguably the fight of the century with Castillo and corales outdo landing one punch on a guy who weighed 121 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        I wasn’t trying to push my preferences. I just said it was interesting because it’s an odd take for some lone who claims to be a boxing fan. If we’re being real, Nery landed one meaningful punch and proceeded to get demolished. Get a grip. Seems like you’re letting your nationalistic bias take control of reality again. The other fighters mentioned put up much better efforts and did so for a much more sustained amount of time. And sorry but I think the vast majority of boxing fans would agree that going to war with a prime hall of famer like Trinidad for 12 rounds before being stopped, going toe to toe for 11 rounds with a non stop puncher who had plaster in his wraps, battling it out with a monster like beterbiev and being involved in what’s arguably the fight of the century with Castillo and corales outdo landing one punch on a guy who weighed 121 pounds.
        I'm not referring to the statistics. I'm referring to how nery responded after getting dropped. He through caution to the wind and he kept his word. He went to Japan to do what he said he would do. He said that fight wouldnt go 12 and either him or monster would get stopped. He fought like a man that wanted to get the Ko and didn't care to get knocked out himself. No fear! That's what I meant. His initial response to getting dropped, is what I marveled at. Legend!

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

I'm not referring to the statistics. I'm referring to how nery responded after getting dropped. He through caution to the wind and he kept his word. He went to Japan to do what he said he would do. He said that fight wouldnt go 12 and either him or monster would get stopped. He fought like a man that wanted to get the Ko and didn't care to get knocked out himself. No fear! That's what I meant. His initial response to getting dropped, is what I marveled at. Legend!
          Nery is far from a legend. He’ll likely be most remembered for being a cheater. If you marvel at what he did, that’s cool. But I think the other performances significantly outdid what he did. Especially Vargas who at 22 years old faced a prime Trinidad who at that time was ranked by many only behind Roy jones on the p4p list. Got dropped twice in the first round and then stormed back to drop Trinidad’s and have a seesaw battle until being stopped in the 12th in what was the fight of the year. But cool, Nery landing 1 punch on Inoue may be comparable.

Comment

Working...
          X