No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nery Goes Full Circle, From Villain To Anti-Hero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

I don't recall JMM being knocked out in any of their fights (obviously I know you're deliberately exaggerating the no. of KDs).
    Yes, knockdowns, not knockouts.
    Yes, I'm exaggerating the number of knockdowns of course. I think in reality it was at least three.
    And these were hard knockdowns, too. I was amazed JMM got up and made it a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

I don't recall JMM being knocked out in any of their fights (obviously I know you're deliberately exaggerating the no. of KDs).
      I just went to YouTube and watched the first round of Marquez v Pacquiao #1.
      Yup, 3 hard knockdowns by Manny in Round One, the 3rd leaving Marquez flat on his back and a bit slow to get up.
      JMM is a DOG.

Comment

Nery wasn't supposed to be there. Not only did Nery gain redemption, not only did he get well paid. He put the mark of the dog on Inoue. If 122 Nery can drop him, imagine 126 Venado?

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
          Big props to Nery he dropped Inoue and had him going fought like a true champion.
          Regge the racist (alt of the banned poster Trey Shaw), tell the truth, if Nery wasn’t Mexican you’d be telling us what a bum he is.

Comment

i dont know where they found him from but he was not a good boxer at all.... he had his hands down by his waist, chin in the air and no head movement , one of the worst contenders for a title shot i have seen in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

Can we add JMM v Pacquiao (first fight I think) with Marquez down 17 times in Round One?
              That 100% is one of the most gutsy performances I’ve ever seen in my life. The only reason I didn’t include it was because I was referencing guys who despite being stopped, put on gutsy performances. Marquez was never stopped but …that may be one of the best comebacks ever.
              Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

I didnt like Nery for all the BS he pulled v Yamanaka.

But that was a long time ago, and, as far as I know, he has been clean.

He showed alot v. Inoue. He was getting outclassed and beat up, but rather than refuse to fight back like some (Hi Paul Butler), he decided to go for it. Salute.

And he showed the same toughness vs. the Armenian dude & Figueroa.

So I will lay aside my disdain for Nery.
                Last edited by sensfulviolence; 05-07-2024, 12:47 PM.
                zalous zalous likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

I just went to YouTube and watched the first round of Marquez v Pacquiao #1.
                  Yup, 3 hard knockdowns by Manny in Round One, the 3rd leaving Marquez flat on his back and a bit slow to get up.
                  JMM is a DOG.

Agreed. But the original criterion you were commenting on was the post that said that Nery was "Probably the biggest winner of any other person knocked out I can remember."

So yes JMM is a dog, but no, that fight can't be part of the conversation about the biggest winner of any other person knocked out.
                  Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    So you’ve been alive to see Vargas battle Trinidad, Castillo battle Corrales, Cotto battle a plaster wrapped Margarito, more recently Lubin battle Fundora, and Yarde battle Beterbiev…..and Nery, who won 1 round based on landing 1 punch (in a round he only landed 4 punches) is the biggest winner of any fighter knocked out that you can remember? Interesting.
                    Yup and thats my personal opinion based on what I saw and I'm not trying to push my preferences onto anyone else. Just giving my opinion and like I said before, what a dog nery is! Difference between nery and the fights and fighters you named is that Nery did it against arguably the number 1 p4p fighter who is undisputed and undefeated and oh yeah in the champs country. Nery got to Japan a villain but left with ALOT more Japanese fans and overall fans in general. I'm watching that kid fight in his next fight no matter who it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Nery wasn't supposed to be there. Not only did Nery gain redemption, not only did he get well paid. He put the mark of the dog on Inoue. If 122 Nery can drop him, imagine 126 Venado?
                      Another typical casual comment.

That same punch on the chin would have dropped Crawford, Nelo and everyone else. It’s boxing, and it happens.
                      The only thing I imagine Venado doing is swinging wide with his chin way up in the air, and getting schooled.
                      diplo diplo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X