No announcement yet.

Prime Rigo vs Inoue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

The best amateurs tend to transition well. If they were standouts as amateurs, they’re gifted and dedicated fighters. Making it to the top is, of course, a horse of a different color. The top fighters are all gifted and dedicated — I don’t care what anyone says. Getting through all that competition is quite a task. People talk so much garbage around here about these athletes; they have no idea what it takes to rise. My hat’s off to all of them, especially the elite. Many, perhaps most, professional boxers undergo “on the job training.” They might have a few amateur bouts, then it’s off to the races: sink or swim. An example is Manny Pacquiao, who got KOed in his 12th pro fight versus an 11-4-5 fighter. He’s a legend. Then you’ll get a guy like Rigondeaux, who had all the talent in the world, but was completely consumed by the amateur mindset. Still didn’t do too badly, all things considered.
    He could have done much better but the dancing partners to be, were afraid of him. Just imagine if mares, st+, quigg and framptom had the balls to acept the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

He could have done much better but the dancing partners to be, were afraid of him. Just imagine if mares, st+, quigg and framptom had the balls to acept the fight.
      That’s true, but Rigo also shot himself in the foot with his fighting attitude. There was little pressure to fight a guy who routinely stunk up the place. It made for a ready-made excuse: “He’s too boring.” And he was. I loved Rigo when he actually fought, which was pretty rare. His fight with Donaire was easily his best — as I said before: a master class. Guillermo started his pro career very late. That wasn’t his fault. What was his fault is that he didn’t make the most of the time he had left.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

That’s true, but Rigo also shot himself in the foot with his fighting attitude. There was little pressure to fight a guy who routinely stunk up the place. It made for a ready-made excuse: “He’s too boring.” And he was. I loved Rigo when he actually fought, which was pretty rare. His fight with Donaire was easily his best — as I said before: a master class. Guillermo started his pro career very late. That wasn’t his fault. What was his fault is that he didn’t make the most of the time he had left.
        I agreed with most, but arum was the one that damaged him the most, and didn't help him capitalize after he shot down nonito, arum was piss off, then he fought agbeko, a guy that we thought will test Rigondeaux, and he ran more than Rigo, beside he was a unified champion and nobody wanted his belts, right after Donaire the excuse for all of them, "weren't ready". Dlh tried to pit st+ against Guillermo, and the guy bought out his contract to avoid facing him. And then he got stubborn. But, he did defected too late.
        Last edited by garfios; 05-09-2024, 10:05 AM.
        CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

- - Just airmail Rigomortis home in a body bag in advance to save everyone from from this farce.

Comment

Rigo is a ***** who quit against Loma rather than take his schooling. Its disrespectful to all the fans who he seems to forget pay for his livelihood.

If he is only going to fight 1/3 of the fight he should have only gotten 1/3 of his purse and refund the rest of his purse to the ticket holders for that atrocity

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
              Rigo is a ***** who quit against Loma rather than take his schooling. Its disrespectful to all the fans who he seems to forget pay for his livelihood.

If he is only going to fight 1/3 of the fight he should have only gotten 1/3 of his purse and refund the rest of his purse to the ticket holders for that atrocity
              He wasn't the first neither be the last to do that $h1t, whoever thought Rigondeaux was there to win is an idiot. He was there because couldn't get a decent fight, st+, frampton, quigg and mares, they all ran away from the old man so he went up to 130(two divisions north) to make a living. He wasn't getting punished, but he knew he would lose no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

He sold his reputation.
                Last edited by garfios; 05-09-2024, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X