Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No-Go Canelo? David Benavidez Moves on to 175, Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: No-Go Canelo? David Benavidez Moves on to 175, Oleksandr Gvozdyk

[Click Here To Read More]

I would consider Gvozdyc a better fighter than Plant, but he is 37 and I believe Benavidez stops him late.
    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray Kelm View Post
      I would consider Gvozdyc a better fighter than Plant, but he is 37 and I believe Benavidez stops him late.
      Gvozdyk’s has little mileage on him considering his low activity rate and time he had recovered during Covid after his loss to Beterviev.

Big puncher that's been active last year with three fighters, been in there with some veterans and has only 1 loss. Plus he has an Olympic pedigree.

Think David deserves credit considering he is moving up against a big puncher.

Comparable to perhaps Canelo against worn down Kovalev coming off a war with Anthony Yarde. Though Kovalev had too many consecutive camps at the time.
      Last edited by Feroz; 05-04-2024, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Respect to Benavidez and Gvozdyk for taking a fight neither had to take. It may be awhile before the winner gets a title shot with Beterbiev laid up with a knee injury.

Comment

Gvozdyk is 37, who knows how much he has left but I am still intrigued. It’s a solid first fight at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Gvozdyk’s has little mileage on him considering his low activity rate and time he had recovered during Covid after his loss to Beterviev.

Big puncher that's been active last year with three fighters, been in there with some veterans and has only 1 loss. Plus he has an Olympic pedigree.

Think David deserves credit considering he is moving up against a big puncher.

Comparable to perhaps Canelo against worn down Kovalev coming off a war with Anthony Yarde. Though Kovalev had too many consecutive camps at the time.
            Nah. Kovalev was an alcoholic with several TKO defeats and multiple ***ual assault cases hanging over his head at the time. Sergey loved his "WODKA". Gvozdyk is very disciplined and his only beating was against Beterbiev, but he took no real punishment against Artur until the final two rounds. Gvozdyk is a live dog if he can still move his feet enough.
            Last edited by BlackRobb; 05-04-2024, 08:54 PM.
            Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Someone will have to explain to me how a fighter can be a mandatory for three freaking solid years but not get a title fight. Please use small words, I am not highly educated.

This is an interesting fight. I will pay attention

Comment

Working...
              X