Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: More On Ryan Garcia After Another Crazy Week, Madrimov's Chances Against Crawford, Ortiz-Tszyu And Fury vs. Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: More On Ryan Garcia After Another Crazy Week, Madrimov's Chances Against Crawford, Ortiz-Tszyu And Fury vs. Usyk

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards giving his thoughts on the fallout from Ryan Garcia's positive VADA tests, the August 3 fight between Terence Crawford and Israil Madrimov, and what might happen when Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk meet two weeks from today
    [Click Here To Read More]

"So while I would pick Crawford to win, I suspect he would be conservative in his body punching vs the great countering Canelo."

Picking Crawford to beat Canelo?
    Interesting.
    I would prefer the Benevidez fight but I guess I would take that as a second choice.
    Have to see how they look in their next fights.​

Comment

Bread’s Response: I don’t like to say these things about a still active fighter. Especially in an era of high PED use. So let’s just say this. If Inoue does NOT have any positive PED test, and he keeps performing on the level that he's been on. Everything you said is TRUE.

Inoue is a special fighter. I just don’t want to get ahead of myself and anoint him then something comes up about him and you guys flood my emails with insults…So I try to not only be objective but patient.
      Did we get this same energy for any of the 100s of American fighters Bread has discussed? He's talked about Crawford's greatness every week for years without once saying anything like this about him. Bread is a smart guy and understands boxing as well as any current writer, but he has a blind spot with favouritism at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Maybe he has heard something that makes him suspect Inoue of PED use?
        yes he did

from the comments to his mailbag

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Maybe he has heard something that makes him suspect Inoue of PED use?
          That's possible. But to pick a random number, let's say 25% of world champ are using PEDs. If so, then Bread would've heard rumours or seen something questionable about dozens of American boxers by now and has never mentioned or implied it. I think the number is a lot higher than 25% but even if it's that low, he still would've heard something about so many guys.

It stands to reason that he'd be far more likely to have 'heard something' about one of the many American boxers. The ones he's been surrounded by all day for over a decade. The ones whose trainers he knows and speaks to regularly.

Bread has written before about talking to Derrick James. Maybe he heard something about Garcia but he didn't say so, even though that's the story everybody is talking about. Right now Bread could call up DJ and ask direct if he gave Ryan the roids or if he knew he was on them. But even if he 'heard something' on that phonecall he's not going to share it.

Bread doesn't want to expose any of his friends, colleagues, countrymen, even when they've been involved in cheating. But wants to insinuate things about guys from other countries. It's a shame because he's a strong writer aside from the occasional nationalism. Bread talks up Inoue being on something but in the past has talked down the chances of Holyfield using PEDs, and the claims against Holy are far stronger. It's clear bias and favouritism.

Comment

Bread always accuses fighters who are not black of possibly using PEDs, with no evidence but will never dare accuse fighters of his own race of doing that, but it's not about race right. If anyone is popping steroids it's probably Crawford who never gets involved with VADA....

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Did we get this same energy for any of the 100s of American fighters Bread has discussed? He's talked about Crawford's greatness every week for years without once saying anything like this about him. Bread is a smart guy and understands boxing as well as any current writer, but he has a blind spot with favouritism at times.
              I think it was more the line of questioning wanting him to snout Inoue as the greatest Japanese fighter of all time, second best Asian fighter, and top 5 at 118 ever. I think it’s fair to say, let their career play out before annoying them as such. As much praise as he’s given Crawford, never heard him say he’s a top 5 at 147.

Comment

Bread hasn't got over the beating the monster gave fulton, where is fulton now?

Comment

Why did he randomly mention Inoue with PEDs?
                  Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hamilton View Post
                    Why did he randomly mention Inoue with PEDs?
                    Yeah was low of him, sore about the humiliatiing beating Inoue gave fulton

Comment

Working...
                    X