No announcement yet.

Floyd best night vs Manny best night who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    I could see either man winning but still lean towards Pacquiao. At his absolute peak his offense was so extreme I just find it hard to see Floyd handling that non-stop barrage, the combinations would not stop coming from all angles, his fast footwork never slowed down and this was 12 full rounds. He was a special fighter Pacquiao was. Floyd too, but I think it would have been too much to ask for his measured counter punching risk-free style.
    Without flamming each other, who would you say is Pac's best W (hopefully no *s are involved) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Without flamming each other, who would you say is Pac's best W (hopefully no *s are involved) ?

I would say Miguel Cotto. Not just who he was but the way he beat him. The Bradley wins were quite solid too.

But then who can forget the Barrera beatdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Pacquiao has shown flaws even on his best nights.

Mayweather on his best nights shows zero flaws.

Pacquiao, pre-Mayweather, on his worst nights got KO’ed 3 times and outboxed twice. Those fights were Marquez 2x, Morales, Singsurat, and Torrecampo.

Mayweather on his worst nights won 2 close decisions and 1 wide decision. Those fights were Castillo, Mosley and Maidana.

And in the only fight that matters in this discussion, an old Mayweather beat the younger Pacquiao by clear and decisive unanimous decision.

This. Its funny the mental gymnastics they have to go through to declare that Pac actually wins.

Or 36 year old Pac was shot, somehow still beat thurman at 40 and 38 year old mayweather was prime. all the nonsense chit they have to come up with to talk about how pac would win.
        Last edited by elfag; 05-07-2024, 10:24 AM.
        paulf paulf BodyBagz BodyBagz like this.

Comment

I would say Miguel Cotto. Not just who he was but the way he beat him. The Bradley wins were quite solid too.

But then who can forget the Barrera beatdown.
          Sadly, Pac vs Cotto was a CW and no rematch to end the assumption
          Pac vs Marco 1 was a good W
          (Not sure why there was a rematch)
          Not a guy who was concerned with defense, though.
          IMHO, PBF's best W was vs Chico.
          Also imho, Chico > Marco everyday of the week.
          You're not giving PBF his just dues.
          Not only was he incredibly hard to find, he himself was super fast with his hands with just as much power.

ATG level defense with the best couter in the game.....

Comment

Not only was he incredibly hard to find, he himself was super fast with his hands with just as much power.

chico fight was great, he scored knockdowns with a leaping left hook from out of range like RJJ. It just shows what level he was at as far as athleticism. He usually was less of a risk taker but once he timed Chico and had him confused on where his punches were coming from he really opened up and showed us what he can do if he wants to. Peak Floyd was the whole package he was a natural athlete like an RJJ with the discipline and IQ of a Bernard Hopkins. And at the lower weights he had decent power. At 140 and below he had a KO ratio of 70% which is average/respectable.
            BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Who are you again?

Comment

• Originally posted by elfag View Post

chico fight was great, he scored knockdowns with a leaping left hook from out of range like RJJ. It just shows what level he was at as far as athleticism. He usually was less of a risk taker but once he timed Chico and had him confused on where his punches were coming from he really opened up and showed us what he can do if he wants to. Peak Floyd was the whole package he was a natural athlete like an RJJ with the discipline and IQ of a Bernard Hopkins. And at the lower weights he had decent power. At 140 and below he had a KO ratio of 70% which is average/respectable.
                My imagination is not good enough to see PBF needing rematches with Marco or Erik. Both of whom I'm a fan of.

PBF, imho, was unbeatable.

Comment

Who are you again?
                  Not sure it matters.
                  Just a fight fan giving his opinion on the topic.

Comment

Cotto lost. They still looking for the brakes that got beat off him
                    Last edited by djtmal; 05-07-2024, 10:47 AM.
                    paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever
                      At welterweight, I would have to say Manny Pacquiao. At any weight, I would have to say Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Money Mayweather was nowhere as good as Pretty Boy Floyd.

His domination of a prime and undefeated Diego Corrales was second to none. No one defeats that version of PBF; Not even Manny Pacquaio.
                      Pac lost to Timmy, Horn and Ugas.
                      No version of May loses, or gets robbed, by them.

Comment

Working...
                      X