Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Canelo Alvarez-Jaime Munguia: 'It's Going to Be a Good Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia on Canelo Alvarez-Jaime Munguia: 'It's Going to Be a Good Fight'

Robert Garcia is one of the most well-respected trainers in boxing. At any given time he has roughly 30 professional fighters in his gym throughout the day training for marquee televised fights. His perspective on Canelo Alvarez fighting Jaime Munguia on Saturday, May 4th, from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, is of significant interest. Garcia had a slew of fighters last Saturday in Fresno, Calif., including junior welterweight main eventer Jose Ramirez, junior middleweight Vergil Ortiz Jr., and lightweight Oscar Duarte to name a few. Garcia is not just a great trainer, but a road warrior - he goes city-to-city to help his fighters as they enter career-defining fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

With Canelo declining, it's definitely a possibility but I don't see it. There's a reason Canelo picked Munguia and I fully expect Canelo to win in a rather easy fight. That said, Canelo can grow old real quick in the ring and if Munguia can withstand the first few rounds, I can see Munguia youth and work rate become a problem for Canelo. I don't see it happening but anything is possible but Munguia would have to be the clear winner or get a K.O because if it's close, Canelo probably gets the decision , rooting for Munguia since Canelo is acting like a diva and not fighting the guy who truly deserves the shot in Benavides.

Comment

Working...
    X