Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia In A Position To Call His Own Shots After Devin Haney Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question is, does Ryan continue to miss weight intentionally believing that his opponents will still go through with the match? I would love to see a fighter who pulls out of the match at the weigh-in because of that and points the finger at Ryan for ruining the fight. You will have a ton of pissed fans who traveled, booked hotel rooms, etc. to be in attendance.

He won't learn until he finally pisses off people for doing something dumb like that which could truly compromise the fight. Haney said he was going to go forward with the fight regardless because obviously he was getting paid an extra 1.5mill, but also truly didn't think it would have played into the result of the fight. Hard to say truly because Devin is chinny and I don't doubt that Ryan would have landed his left hook regardless if he came in on weight or not.

Comment

I think Ryan can call shots against a certain level of opponent. I think we need to see the PPV sales before we get to this conclusion.

If the fight did well, I would agree. If the fight did poorly, he becomes the guy who has to fight the big names to do well.

The thing is at what weight?

What JWW would fight him for a title at 140 knowing he can’t make the weight and will come in over?

What WW would he fight? Other than Ennis, who imo he would call the shots, is there any opponent he can make a big fight with?

Comment

i feel like ryan will be in the position to call the shot for at least a few fights in the future... until he starts losing and losing bad... since he's very local and has put himself out there already as being vocal, this alone draws in the attention to him and what he's doing... so for the next few fights, ryan will call the shot until he starts losing.

Comment

No need for a rematch 3lbs under or 3lbs over same result. I hope Haney recovers , a little deluded but takes a good beating and can give one himself.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Ryan had nobody on his undercard and Haney is an unknown and will make more PPV buys than Stank. Stank needs to have Latinos on his card to draw any kind of audience. Stop acting like Stank or any black boxer is a draw.
            Tank is a draw regardless, ryan is not a draw, and yes, you are slow up there.

Comment

Well, that backfired

Comment

Working...
              X