Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Says He Is 'Most Definitely' Crawford's Toughest Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

I mean you have a point, but who did Bud fight before Spense? Fighters should want to fight the best and Boots is calling out the best in his division. Boots is no cake walk for anyone!

Good sincere question, that deserves a sincere answer.

I'll start with Bud Crawford, he beat his contemporaries, or at least the guys of his generation willing to fight him. Before fighting Spence Crawford unified two weight classes,stop the WBO champion, beat a two belt, two-time champion and that was all before stopping the lineal welterweight champion. Terrance Crawford was a HOF lock long before he faced Errol Spence. Similar to many people I would have liked to have seen Crawford fight more of his contemporaries and he tried, Top Rank offered career high paydays and everyone from Danny to Keith Thurman refused to fight him. (I don't count Manny because he's from another generation).

Jaron Ennis is not Crawford's contemporary, he's a decade behind him and so far his management offered nothing to his opponents, Ennis never unified anything, he hasn't fought for a belt in any weight class, he is not a draw and he just signed with a company that doesn't have a stable at 147 or 154lbs.

Sure, it seems like it should be a competitive fight but there's no money, nobody knows Ennis and the only belt he has to offer Crawford fought for, won and never lost.

IMO... and this may be just my opinion, Ennis is probably a few years away and that assumes Eddie Hearn can deliver at least one championship fight for a belt. Keep in mind Eddie Hearn signed Canelo and still he couldn't get Demetrius Andrade a single shot at a title in his weight class so there are no guarantees.

As for Crawford's future, Terrance is moving up again to fight champions in his attempt to unify 3rd divisions​
    Last edited by factsarenice; 04-26-2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Good sincere question, that deserves a sincere answer.

I'll start with Bud Crawford, he beat his contemporaries, or at least the guys of his generation willing to fight him. Before fighting Spence Crawford unified two weight classes,stop the WBO champion, beat a two belt, two-time champion and that was all before stopping the lineal welterweight champion. Terrance Crawford was a HOF lock long before he faced Errol Spence. Similar to man people I would have liked to have see Crawford fight more of his contemporaries and he tried, Top Rank offered career high paydays and everyone from Danny to Keith Thurman refused to fight him. (I don't count Manny because he's from another generation).

Jaron Ennis is not Crawford's contemporary, he's a decade behind him and so far his management offered nothing to his opponents, Ennis never unified anything, he hasn't fought for a belt in any weight class, he is not a draw and he just signed with a company that doesn't have a stable at 147 or 154lbs.

Sure, it seems like it should be a competitive fight but there's no money, nobody knows Ennis and the only belt he has to offer Crawford fought for, won and never lost.

IMO... and this may be just my opinion, Ennis is probably a few years away and that assumes Eddie Hearn can deliver at least one championship fight for a belt. Keep in mind Eddie Hearn signed Canelo and still he couldn't get Demetrius Andrade a single shot at a title in his weight class so there are no guarantees.

As for Crawford's future, Terrance is moving up again to fight champions in his attempt to unify 3rd divisions​
      This is nonsense. Imagine ODLH and trinidad avoiding each other and avoiding Vargas mayorga quartey etc. Saying ennis isn’t Crawford’s contemporary is asinine. Crawford has NEVER defended any of his undisputed crowns. Red flag right there. Even canelo the big ducker cherry picker defends his belts. I think bud is a great fighter but fights like avensyan and Madrimov are a joke. He keeps saying he only wants to be involved in big money fights that’s why he’s not interested in boots then he fights Madrimov instead lmao. The fight we all wanted to see right? Madrimov vs bud is in big demand apparently lol
      Brittney1229 Brittney1229 likes this.

Comment

Most definitely, I mean who the fu** has Crawford fought besides a blind man coming off an accident and eye surgery?...

Comment

You had 2 chances Bootsy. Bud is off to attempt to become undisputed in a 3rd division. You over here fighting who? You wasn't bumping ya gums until AFTER he left. Foh

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
            Most definitely, I mean who the fu** has Crawford fought besides a blind man coming off an accident and eye surgery?...
            Lmfao...yall love hating Bud.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

This is nonsense. Imagine ODLH and trinidad avoiding each other and avoiding Vargas mayorga quartey etc. Saying ennis isn’t Crawford’s contemporary is asinine. Crawford has NEVER defended any of his undisputed crowns. Red flag right there. Even canelo the big ducker cherry picker defends his belts. I think bud is a great fighter but fights like avensyan and Madrimov are a joke. He keeps saying he only wants to be involved in big money fights that’s why he’s not interested in boots then he fights Madrimov instead lmao. The fight we all wanted to see right? Madrimov vs bud is in big demand apparently lol
              Madrimov is arguably the best 154lber right now. You say bud is a great fighter but damn near every post you put out about him is hating. Bootsy isn't close to Buds contemporary....his contemporaries are Spence, Garcia, Porter, Thurman and the guys in and around his age. Bootsy barely came to the party, sh.it if anything he's an older prospect who hasn't fought anyone. He had the backing of showtime and they refused to put big offers out there for opps. When Bud offered him the fight 2 years ago, Bootsys own Daddy said they turned it down. Wanting the fight is one thing, hating on Bud when Bootsy turned down a fight already is weird sh.it, period
              Last edited by El_Mero; 04-26-2024, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                But You had no problem predicting that the same Spence the Blind man coming off an Accident & eye surgery would knock out Terrence Crawford
                Make it make sense
                #BudCrawfordHater

Comment

Could be true but let's be honest, Ennis has fought nobody before in his career.

for all we know he could end up skating on thin ice like Bambi when his chin gets touched by a jab from the first legit fighter he faces.

He's growing a big thick beard I notice- possibly to hide a paper mache mandible. We just don't know until we see him in there with someone good

Comment

They all say the same thing until they're in the matrix with Bud. Side note, but given all the criticism Mayweather got from casual fans for not 'fighting opponents in their primes', the intense interest some of those same fans have in seeing a 26 year-old fight a past prime and dangerous 37 year-old is puzzling...

Comment

Every excuse in the world from Spence fans trying to back Booty now because of their disdain for Crawford. Real Sad! Booty is IBF with Hearn. Why is he fighting Crowley and Hearn who is the head promoter for the Saudis can probably get him the #1 IBF contender and make him mandatory for the IBF 154 belt. No one can explain why that isn't happening. Even Turk said he'd like to see Crawford vs Ennis. Why not for undisputed at 154? Booty is nothing more than Davis 2.0. If he goes up to 154 and Crawford doesn't fall in line, Turk is going to read the comments over at fighthub/hype and see fans were asking for a super fight between Booty and Ortiz Jr or Tim (which I think he is about to get beat on August 3). He wants to sit around at 147m killing himself to make weight on a 5'10 frame just like ORtiz Jr and run his mouth about Benn, Garcia (not happening) and Haney (definitely not happening now)

Comment

Working...
                      X