Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Left Hook From Ryan Garcia Changed Everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you watch gary antuanne russell's interview, you'd think it was after Devin fought Ryan, but it was b4 they fought. Everything he said was 100% accurate. He talked about the mindset of each guy, how Ryan comes to hurt, and Devin comes to win on points. He said Ryan had something to prove, while Devin was just trying to protect what he had. and how he didn't think Ryan was crazy, mentally ill or out of shape. He warned about underestimating Ryan. He explained how fighters have lives outside of boxing and that seeing Ryan out and about at a game means nothing, that a fighter should enjoy themselves on days off. He said a lot more but it was all on point. He wasn't buying into Ryan's crazy act at all. His keen mind and his ability will keep him as a much avoided fighter for awhile
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      I feel like sometimes in fights where it appears to be close, the fighter with less damage on their face should be considered the winner. Isn't that what boxing is about at its core? Inflicting damage and hurt on your opponent? If one guys face is swollen like a pumpkin and the other doesn't even look like he went 12rds, why on earth would you consider the guy who doesn't have a mark on his face the loser of the fight?
      Are there no body punches in your world?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        That left hook destroyed one of the Top boxers in that division. From a masterfull shout out vs Regis to getting dismantel in front of the world by a social media influncer.

All he has is a left hook - Devin.

Gets cought by it in less than a minute.
        Reminds me of...

"It's the same move every time. Right hook, roll under."

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminLinus View Post

Reminds me of...

"It's the same move every time. Right hook, roll under."

Who is the picture in ur profile?

Comment

Yeah, it's also what happens when a super middleweight (Haney), fights a super welterweight (Prograis).
            What goes around, comes around quick, and if you're not careful you'll get hit with the karma stick.
            Last edited by Boricua181; 04-25-2024, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
              How did some score that a draw? Garcia clearly won a close, but clear decision.

Yes, he lost a few rounds, but the rounds he won were big, even though he fought the fight in spurts, like an older fighter.

I would argue you could score one of the rounds 10-7 instead of 10-8, even with one knockdown in a specific round, but a beatdown the rest of the round.

Haney has his flaws, clearly no Mayweather or Whitaker, but he's got a big heart, real courage.
              It wasn't close at all. Damn that first round was almost a 10-8.

People were giving Haney credit for early rounds with his pitty pat bull****.

You have ti give Haney every single round he didnt get knocked down in lol

People see what they want to see

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post

Are there no body punches in your world?
                I'm not referring to body punches in this scenario. Of course they exist and they can do their job slowing down a fighter or potentially stopping him. Though in what happened with Ryan vs Haney, Ryan was messing Haney up when he landed. His face was a mess at the end while Ryan looked relatively unmarked. At the end of the fight, if you told me Haney landed dozens of body shots, yet they didn't effect Ryan and Haney's face looked ****ed up, I don't know how you could still give it to Haney. Visible damage should be part of the scoring system in a fight.
                Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X