No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'You Really Thought I Was Crazy?' Ryan Garcia Laughs Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

I don't know about that sir. Canelo got embarrassed by Mayweather when he was 23 and then embarrassed ten years later by Bivol who employed the same tactics as Mayweather which was just a complete boxing clinic. Pacquiao is one of my favorite fighters but let's face it he was knocked out twice in his career during his younger and prime years. 3G was one of the most overhyped fighters of our era thanks to HBO who seemed like the last 5 years of his career was just begging Canelo. The 2 Russians on your list are solid but Mr PPVweather has to go down as numero uno!
    With your criteria the greatest of all time SRR wouldn’t be a top 100 boxer.

Comment

'All boxers have weaknesses. In the last 0-15 years I can name very few that were solid. In no particular order That would be Canelo, GGG, Loma, Bivol, Beterbiev, Pacquiao, Mayweather.'

There are no boxers without weaknesses & never have been. SRR, SRL & Roberto probably come closest in that they could box defensively or offensively, inside or outside, had scary power, had great chins & stamina but they had weaknesses if you analysed closely enough. They must do, they are human! In the modern era I think most solid are Mayweather. Weakness, not great power but could always do enough. Lomachenko. Weakness, not physically strong against bigger men but usually out-thought them. Pacquaio. Weakness, could get wild & off-balance but usually moving too fast for opponent to take advantage. Crawford. Weakness, can start slowly & overly methodical but he knows its a 12 round fight & he gets it done. Canelo. Weakness, vulnerable to constant jab & movement but has evolved counter-punching skills to usually counter that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
        one minute one guy is knocking on the p4p top 5 list & the other is a basket case who quit on a body shot

next minute one guy is a genius (the mad one) & the other guy has disappeared into the vegas desert somewhere
        #Boxing
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post

Bro, Zab had power
          Zab was a harder puncher definitely but I'm talking about in terms of the vulnerability and being outfought.

Comment

I mean he is crazy, not mentally well but that probably works for him in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Um... I remember Judah as a little more of a banger than Haney. I'm not a Haney fan but thought he showed some good pressure in his last couple fights before this. Maybe I'm nostalgic, or it was just too long ago, but don't see him as Judah.
              Yeah Zab was a bigger puncher especially at 140lbs. But I'm talking in terms of the vulnerability because Zab could be caught and hurt in fights even if he was the better boxer in there. It's what we saw between Haney and Garcia. Haney was the better boxer in there without question but he just couldn't take the left hand from Ryan when he landed it through out the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Yeah Zab was a bigger puncher especially at 140lbs. But I'm talking in terms of the vulnerability because Zab could be caught and hurt in fights even if he was the better boxer in there. It's what we saw between Haney and Garcia. Haney was the better boxer in there without question but he just couldn't take the left hand from Ryan when he landed it through out the fight
                This better "boxer" bs narrative has to stop boxing isn't just hit run and hold for dear life a great boxer needs more power, heart, speed, will etc Ryan is the better boxer and fighter and he proved it.

Comment

So I picked another loser, you live and you learn. Ryan had everybody fooled. He signed for 140 and knew he couldn't make it. If they didn't think he could make 140, why sign it? He fooled them.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

Disagree…Kambosos beat a previously undefeated Teofimo and Haney handled him with ease TWICE. He also had a close fight with Lomachenko which I thought he WON. However, after Linares wobbled him badly during their fight, I always thought he’d lose to a top puncher like Tank/Ryan but doubted Ryan not because of his talent but his lack of discipline and erratic behaviour. Glad he proved me wrong.
                    Lomachenko had him beat and had himself to blame for taking his foot off the gas in the 12th, and of course, they gave it to Haney. That’s what’s baffling to me, Haney gets ALL the benefits of doubts for some reason. Glad he was exposed and took a serious beating last night to not leave any more room for these inexplicable favors.
                    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post

Well Loma could not beat him and Loma is supposed to be one of the best. The problem with Haney is he has no chin and I think Garcia got to him mentally. Ryan is not the one who is crazy, he just did it to mess with Haney and it worked.
                      Oh loma beat him. However he got overconfident and took the 12th off which, of course, is immediately going to be a Haney round. Basically any round in which Haney doesn’t get banged around too much, he the judges award him. He was like the godson of boxing or something. I’m glad there was no room for that Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                      X