No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'You Really Thought I Was Crazy?' Ryan Garcia Laughs Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takenotes View Post

I felt it could have gone either way but as good as Loma is supposed to be, it looks bad for him after the Garcia fight. Face it, Loma is done and I would be surprised if he gets past Kambosos

It might be so but he won the Haney fight.

Comment

I felt it could have gone either way but as good as Loma is supposed to be, it looks bad for him after the Garcia fight. Face it, Loma is done and I would be surprised if he gets past Kambosos
      Loma is a 126 lb fighter who couldn’t find competition at 130 so moved passed his ideal weight to 135. In the ring it was 140 lbs vs 170 lbs and I still had him winning as did many observers. Let’s keep it real. Loma is special. Haney is a weight bully that just got his comeuppance.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
        Ryan's dad: RAH RAH RAH FUQ YOU EDDIE LUKE CAMPBELL DEVIN HANEY WHO YOU GOT NOW ... Eddie Hearn: We got Boots .. Ryan's dad: .................................................. ..
        That's funny but lets be honest, Devin should be fighting at 147 but then again, Jaron is big enough to fight at 160lbs but that's kinda of been the secret to the sauce...namsayn?
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
          Ryan's dad: RAH RAH RAH FUQ YOU EDDIE LUKE CAMPBELL DEVIN HANEY WHO YOU GOT NOW ... Eddie Hearn: We got Boots .. Ryan's dad: .................................................. ..
          He went from Joe's Pesci to Danny DeVito real quick.

The bonus is, he looks like both.

Comment

He’s crazy for doing that horrible shoulder roll. Possibly the worst I’ve ever seen
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Props for Haney taking that whupping like man. He didn't make any excuses and got off the canvas each time. He showed heart. Most fighters would have giving up when faced with that adversity.
              DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Why does people keep saying the fight was close? It was not close lmao. Haney got dropped 6x. It was close for 8 rounds then Ryan ran away with it. Hanky is overated. Bill hanky can cry his free ride is over
                DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

So are we to assume that Devin Haney then took his training camp lightly, or that he wasn't prepared to fight due to the pre fight nonsense? If not, then this wasn't really an instance of "playing opossum". The rope-a-dope was playing opossum because Ali got his opponent to perform foolishly due to a falsely perceived weakness, but that wasn't Haney.

Haney didn't underestimate Garcia, Haney did what Haney was going to do- Garcia was just better; although I am sure Haney will claim he underestimated Garcia because its how he gets a rematch.

Thats not hating on Garcia, I am glad he won. Just that he couldve won without the silliness.
                  Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    This makes tank davis look like all the more dominant
                    Or, maybe, it shows how important weight is in boxing.

Comment

Devin's Antman, he shrinks down and blows up, that's his super power.... right up until he runs into someone his own size and then he's just hugging it out, namsayn.

The fact that a shrimp like Lomachenko was able to beat Haney and lose on a questionable card says a lot, it meant that being massively bigger wasn't the great equalizer Bill thought it would be. You might be right about one thing, Loma may never get past Kambosos because hes small and past his prime.
                      Last edited by factsarenice; 04-21-2024, 11:07 AM.
                      Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X