Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas to Face Patrick Teixeira on Puerto Rican Day Weekend in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

Matias is a top guy and a world champion with a highly entertaining style to watch, but he hasn't been promoted as well and doesn't seem to possess the charisma that Zayas displays in and out of the ring that appeals to the people of PR. On top of that, Matias is already 32 while Zayas is barely 21. Zayas just seems to be a more marketable fighter at his age(at least from what I've seen) despite Matias being the more accomplished and more proven fighter. Might be too late for Matias to reach those heights, but he can still be a solid draw IMO. All in all, both are great to watch and hopefully someone can take the crown for the island soon. It's been too long already.
    Kinda glad that Matia’s did his own thing and left the island and train in Mexico. It’s helped him so much as a fighter since he gets better sparring in Mexico. His story is amazing and ir sucks that he doesn’t get that Puerto Rican push.

Matias-Paro is in Manati which is a hour west of San Juan and it holds about 8-9k and it’s sold pretty well since tickets went on sale. DAZN and Matchroom want to see if Matias can sell and that a future Puerto Rico fight will be at the Roberto Clemente coliseum.

Comment

Xayas is PR's Chavez Jr

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

For some reason he’s not been marketed as PR or to the PR fanbase.
        I can't, for the life of me, understand how "Boots" Ennis & "Browny" Matias are not household names, yet Ryan Garcia and Rolly are so popular??? What world are we living in? Let's see if Eddie Hearn can change all that?
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

Matias is a top guy and a world champion with a highly entertaining style to watch, but he hasn't been promoted as well and doesn't seem to possess the charisma that Zayas displays in and out of the ring that appeals to the people of PR. On top of that, Matias is already 32 while Zayas is barely 21. Zayas just seems to be a more marketable fighter at his age(at least from what I've seen) despite Matias being the more accomplished and more proven fighter. Might be too late for Matias to reach those heights, but he can still be a solid draw IMO. All in all, both are great to watch and hopefully someone can take the crown for the island soon. It's been too long already.
          Matias is baddest man to come off the island since Miguel, hands down! Sad part is even many of Puerto Rican friends don't know him! They know Berlanga! They know Tank, but don't know him, and they were fighting on the same network! More of my PR Brothers know Shakur more than Matias! It's crazy!

Comment

Would be a good sign for him if he can sell that out. His style is can't-miss, but him leaving for Mexico is probably part of the reason why he hasn't got that push to be bigger than what he is in PR. Hope he can make up for lost time with another great performance and build himself up some more. Paro ain't no pushover tho. Should be a ****er while it lasts.

Comment

Working...
            X