Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Gvozdyk Confirms David Benavidez Fight Will Happen In Houston On June 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    This fight is ridiculous. Oleksandr Gvozdyk' s​ last fight was an 8 rounder against an unknown chubby Brazilian. His 2 other fights were against even worse opposition. There is just no way he is ready for Bevevidez. Can't believe they couldn't find someone better.
    Wrong. Bolotniks was a respectable win.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

These guys can't sell by themselves so they had to put the together, Tank and Benavidez.
      And I'm very happy for it! If Haney vs. Garcia had support like Tank vs. Ghost, I would have bought it, but their card SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Gate keepers have many losses. Gvozdyk has one to the top guy in the division, he is no gate keeper.

Now everyone is saying 37 is too old yet that's the average ages for Canelo's best wins lol.
        Gvozdyk, who I liked, has basically been inactive and has had zero fights over anyone of value or quality since his loss. Maybe Gate keeper is a little harsh for him, that I will spot you. He has a good record and probably deserves more respect to his name. But he is not dangerous at this point of his career so long as Benavidez, who has been active and is in his prime, takes him serous.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Gvozdyk, who I liked, has basically been inactive and has had zero fights over anyone of value or quality since his loss. Maybe Gate keeper is a little harsh for him, that I will spot you. He has a good record and probably deserves more respect to his name. But he is not dangerous at this point of his career so long as Benavidez, who has been active and is in his prime, takes him serous.
          So having 3 easy fights makes a fighter not dangerous anymore? You win the non sequitur award. Well done.

Comment

So having 3 easy fights makes a fighter not dangerous anymore? You win the non sequitur award. Well done.
            Are u taking in the fact Gvozdyk was practically retired before those 3 easy fights right? Not saying hes no longer dangerous as he fighting at his natural weight against someone making his debut, but just as some of u guys said Canelo fought a faded,older version of the Krusher ,the same can be said about this particular case as Its well known Beterbiev absolutely destroyed the Ukrainian fighter. Def not a good look for Benny if he gets beaten up. Just saying.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Abusing a faded Gvozdyk is not going to get David ready to face the Bet-Biv winner. That's still some levels above. Benavidez would do himself a favor by taking another fight at the weight between before going straight into the lion's den.

Comment

Wrong. Bolotniks was a respectable win.
                HahahahHah! 20-7-1 with 5 KO loses.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post

HahahahHah! 20-7-1 with 5 KO loses.
                  Yet John Ryder was pushed as a respectable win for Canelo, he had 5 losses including to rocky fielding. Point is Bolotniks is no cab driver, that is the type of fighter that is a common opponent for many fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

Are u taking in the fact Gvozdyk was practically retired before those 3 easy fights right? Not saying hes no longer dangerous as he fighting at his natural weight against someone making his debut, but just as some of u guys said Canelo fought a faded,older version of the Krusher ,the same can be said about this particular case as Its well known Beterbiev absolutely destroyed the Ukrainian fighter. Def not a good look for Benny if he gets beaten up. Just saying.
                    But there is no evidence Gvozdyk is faded. He did not go life and death and almost get knocked out by Anthony Yarde. Taking 3 years off and then winning 3 fights (vs anyone) does not mean you are faded. Even take 3 years off and fighting nobody does not mean someone is faded. It means they could be faded, but nothing more. I could argue Gvozdyk is rejuvenated and better than ever after his break from boxing, and 3 wins. One thing for sure, he is a young 37, with only 21 pro fights. he is not battle worn. I think its fair to say he is not in his prime but no reason to think he's still not a high level fighter.

Comment

Yet John Ryder was pushed as a respectable win for Canelo, he had 5 losses including to rocky fielding. Point is Bolotniks is no cab driver, that is the type of fighter that is a common opponent for many fighters.
                      So one mismatch justifies another? What kind of logic is that, seriously? And yes Bolotniks IS a cab driver, a Latvian cab driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X