Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Gvozdyk Confirms David Benavidez Fight Will Happen In Houston On June 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did people expect? Clenelo has all the belts at 168 tied up, Bivol and Beterbiev already have a deal done. Beneviedez beat pretty much everyone at 168. Fighting Morrell gets you nowhere either. He is better off moving up where guys will actually fight you instead of dealing with Clenebutol Alvaroid who only fights guys 2-3 weight classes below him.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
      I just don't know how much Gvozdyk has left in the tank, no doubt if he'd remained active (after his defeat to Beterbiev) Benavidez definitely wouldn't have signed to fight him.
      Yeah, I don't know Gvosdyk's deal, but after a Beter-beating and intended retirement, he's damaged goods. He was slick and had heart, but that was a while back and I think his ship has sailed.

I'd like to be proven wrong tho.

Comment

I'm lost. Benny called Morrel a switch and Morrel backed off. Now Morrel is in his face again. I was disappointed by Morrel then, but now Benny is getting on my nerves. He put Morrels name in his mouth. Go there, not the old folks home. I'm beginning to think the Tequila is a sign of father time. Benny needs a big fight soon.

Comment

This fight is ridiculous. Oleksandr Gvozdyk' s​ last fight was an 8 rounder against an unknown chubby Brazilian. His 2 other fights were against even worse opposition. There is just no way he is ready for Bevevidez. Can't believe they couldn't find someone better.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            This fight is ridiculous. Oleksandr Gvozdyk' s​ last fight was an 8 rounder against an unknown chubby Brazilian. His 2 other fights were against even worse opposition. There is just no way he is ready for Bevevidez. Can't believe they couldn't find someone better.
            Do you have something against chubby Brazilian's or, do you prefer the chubby- tainted meat eating Mexican DUCK ?

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
              What did people expect? Clenelo has all the belts at 168 tied up, Bivol and Beterbiev already have a deal done. Beneviedez beat pretty much everyone at 168. Fighting Morrell gets you nowhere either. He is better off moving up where guys will actually fight you instead of dealing with Clenebutol Alvaroid who only fights guys 2-3 weight classes below him.
              Wait what? Beat pretty much everyone at 168? Who did he beat? There’s still Morell and Mbilli. Last year all he beat was a Canelo leftover and an undersized quitter who should’ve stayed 2-3 weight classes lower and who basically hadn’t fought in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                Morrell gets him a belt
                More pressure on Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  So far so good: Tank vs. Ghost, and Benavidez vs. Gvozdyk! Hope at least one more good scrap for the card! Would love to see the return of "Cool Boy Steph!"
                  These guys can't sell by themselves so they had to put the together, Tank and Benavidez.
                  Last edited by boxingitis; 04-18-2024, 12:09 AM.

Comment

People forget that had Benavidez been disciplined enough to make weight for his fights, Canelo would have had to go through him to get all the belts. Instead, Benavidez lost his position of power to the scales. He has shown better discipline, but he is not getting the Canelo payday because he blew it with his selection of Andy Ruiz as his lifestyle coach.

This fight "kinda" makes sense. If Benavidez never gets Canelo, 175 may have bigger money fights for him. I get the Morell and Mbilla arguments, but neither of them are names and do not move the needle to force a Canelo fight because Canelo does not care about those two. Gvozdyk is a pure gate keeper at this point of his career, which means he is at least a name and a good litmus test to see what 175 feels like for Benavidez. I am fine with it and see it as at least interesting. If nothing ese, Benavidez can crow about having as many wins over LHW as Canelo. Maybe that pisses off Canelo enough to want to shut up Benavidez?
                    HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

This fight "kinda" makes sense. If Benavidez never gets Canelo, 175 may have bigger money fights for him. I get the Morell and Mbilla arguments, but neither of them are names and do not move the needle to force a Canelo fight because Canelo does not care about those two. Gvozdyk is a pure gate keeper at this point of his career, which means he is at least a name and a good litmus test to see what 175 feels like for Benavidez. I am fine with it and see it as at least interesting. If nothing ese, Benavidez can crow about having as many wins over LHW as Canelo. Maybe that pisses off Canelo enough to want to shut up Benavidez?
                      Gate keepers have many losses. Gvozdyk has one to the top guy in the division, he is no gate keeper.

Now everyone is saying 37 is too old yet that's the average ages for Canelo's best wins lol.
                      Last edited by Oracle01; 04-18-2024, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X