Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we make boxing more LGBT friendly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we make boxing more LGBT friendly?

In a society that's become more and more inclusive by the year, it seems boxing is becoming left behind in its this manner. The *****+ community is way under represented, or at least lacks support and solidarity with the community. Especially now there is a lot of investment from the middle East where they punish members if the LGBT community, I think it's even more important that the sport shows pink solidarity.

What are your suggestion for things the sport could do?

I think we could have ring card boys as well as girls.

Let Guys Be Themselves Quietly
    Smash Smash fifth_root N/A like this.

Comment

Not really only 1% support that crap
      fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

**** size as part of the tale of the tape. I think you could turn the weigh in into part of the ppv price if you require weigh ins to be fully nude for gay fans.

Comment

No thanks !!!

But if you're really for social justice. Maybe you can petition one of your local promoters to put up a ring cqrd boy.

Just make sure its in your town and it's not televised.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            **** size as part of the tale of the tape. I think you could turn the weigh in into part of the ppv price if you require weigh ins to be fully nude for gay fans.
            Not sure the boxers will go for that! Plus the LGBT community want to remove the stigma of perversion, I don't think willy size on the tale of the tape would really help.

then again, weigh ins kind of prove there's a lot of at least bi curious boxing fans. A load of men watching men in their underwear and talking about whose body looks best and who will dominate who come on.

I think a few ring guys in little shorts is a great idea, it inclusive and also eradicates the argument of ***ism in regards to ring girls.

Any other idea guys? We're trying to bring the sport into the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              No thanks !!!

But if you're really for social justice. Maybe you can petition one of your local promoters to put up a ring cqrd boy.

Just make sure its in your town and it's not televised.
              We think it'll have more success with the television networks and major promoters. They're always wanting to do anything for the image of inclusion, as many corporations do.

There's a petition coming, targeting ESPN firstly.

There actually was a ring boy on the AJ v Gary Cornish event but we want to make it a mainstay. He was fab!!

mike-in-the-ring-1.jpg
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-17-2024, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Kell Brook vs Michael Zerafa II.
                Beercules Beercules likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Kell Brook vs Michael Zerafa II.
                  It's a shame they didnt capitalise on this fight to promote LGBT inclusion in boxing

Orlando Cruz actually got a lot of pink support from the LGBT community when he fought for a world title vs Flanagan

Comment

**** size measurements

Comment

Working...
                    X