Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: A-Side Garcia Already Top 3 PPV Draw & Gatekeeper To Big Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Imo , Floyd getting into Ryan’s ear had much impact on this whole situation and the decision not to fight Rolly
    Those guys fighting on his excellency’s card is cause Al can’t compare money wise
    Al couldn’t stop Canelo from fighting GBP fighter and the only reason is money
    Al wasn't going to be able to compete with a Ryan payday. Danny went to DAZN when that was his best move. Herring went to TR when that was his best move.

And regardless of all the Floyd jogging stuff the reality is Ryan was coming back Rolly's way when Rolly come outta nowhere with the Pitbull fight. Rolly made his own moves here.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Remember in another convo when you said that Haney didn't expect the Prograis fight to be PPV? The bold is exactly why I don't believe him. Unfortunately, Haney is probably gonna become a predominantly PPV fighter.
      There was a lot of bs with the date when it was all going down that switched things around if you recall & its completely possible that they were getting a site fee for Oct (iirc) date but not the Dec date that they actually settled on that switched up the PPV decision for DAZN that switched up what Devin initially believed. Thats just a ez example of how things coulda changed that didn't involve Devin knowing all along it was a PPV.

But I have no reason to believe Devin is the shot caller for DAZN PPV fights as a free agent is my primary take with that & idk any reason why he'd need to pretend to not know if it is or isn't a PPV early on. Thats above his pay grade I'd argue.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Al wasn't going to be able to compete with a Ryan payday. Danny went to DAZN when that was his best move. Herring went to TR when that was his best move.

And regardless of all the Floyd jogging stuff the reality is Ryan was coming back Rolly's way when Rolly come outta nowhere with the Pitbull fight. Rolly made his own moves here.
        You kidding me
        Only guy who makes his own moves is Canelo
        Rolly is told what to do and how to do it
        Let me ask you , don’t you think there was much more to Floyd suddenly befriending Ryan , so to say

Something was up with that

Comment

You kidding me
          Let me ask you , don’t you think there was much more to Floyd suddenly befriending Ryan , so to say

Thats crazy you think boxers dont have agency to do their own sh^t or that guys become prisoners to the ppl THEY pay to move them to the most profitable options. Rolly doesn't make money cuz of Al, Al makes money cuz of Rolly. PBC is & has always been more of a management company than a promotion.

I think Floyd is cool with a lot of boxers. But if something was up why is Floyd fooking up his own money??? Sh^t don't even make sense. I'm supposed to believe Floyd talked Ryan into fighting Rolly for bigger money for Floyd & Rolly only to have Rolly at the last minute fight Pitbull for less money which is less money for Floyd assuming he still gets a cut with their handshake agreement.

Whats the upside for Floyd here? Sh^t doesn't math to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Thats crazy you think boxers dont have agency to do their own sh^t or that guys become prisoners to the ppl THEY pay to move them to the most profitable options. Rolly doesn't make money cuz of Al, Al makes money cuz of Rolly. PBC is & has always been more of a management company than a promotion.

I think Floyd is cool with a lot of boxers. But if something was up why is Floyd fooking up his own money??? Sh^t don't even make sense. I'm supposed to believe Floyd talked Ryan into fighting Rolly for bigger money for Floyd & Rolly only to have Rolly at the last minute fight Pitbull for less money which is less money for Floyd assuming he still gets a cut with their handshake agreement.

Whats the upside for Floyd here? Sh^t doesn't math to me.
            Keep the belt in house

Brother if you think there was no trickery or shady chit going down , I don’t know what to say
            All of a sudden Floyd decides to befriend Ryan and then all the back and forth
            Something was up and the fact that everything is hush hush with PBC just makes me believe they shady as fugh

Comment

Keep the belt in house

Brother if you think there was no trickery or shady chit going down , I don’t know what to say
              All of a sudden Floyd decides to befriend Ryan and then all the back and forth
              Something was up and the fact that everything is hush hush with PBC just makes me believe they shady as fugh
              Floyd been cool with Ryan first off. Floyd is actually cool with a lot of boxers you wouldn't automatically assume hes cool with. Believe hes fooked with Shakur pre him getting wide attention & post not signing with Mayweather Promotions up til today.

So Floyd cares about keeping the belt with PBC over money & the potential to make Rolly, a guy he has actual upside in, bigger with a Ryan W which wasn't THAT crazy a potential outcome altho obviously the less likely outcome? This is getting deep into speculating for me & I'm a cat who digs speculating lol.

Sh^t man who knows tho. Maybe there is more chess over checkers being played, but regardless of all that Rolly is at fault for his own bad moves regardless of how they came to be for me cuz I refuse to believe no one has zero power of their own sh^t to the degree you are suggesting. Hell look at Haney's whole career. Look at how Tito Mercado is moving. Look at how Shakur will likely be trying to move after this last TR fight in July. I agree promoters have a lot of power but you can still go the Mikey Garcia route if you got issues. At the end of the day boxers have the ability to fight or not fight if it comes to that extreme.
              MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I think it's too soon to declare Ryan Garcia as a major PPV attraction because the sample size is too small. Davis/Garcia is one fight, let's see if he can continue having success....and if he continues to lose, will those losses begin to negatively affect his drawing power.
                Ticket sales and the PPV price drop indicate that his drawing power has already been affected!

Comment

You kidding me

Floyd didn't SUDDENLY befriend Ryan!!! You must have forgot...

Newsletter: The Fight Corner: Oscar De La Hoya wants Floyd Mayweather Jr. to stop tampering with Ryan Garcia
                  By Lance Pugmire
                  Feb. 26, 2019 11:50 AM PT​

Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s familiarity with the NBA is no secret as the unbeaten, retired boxer is a constant courtside attendee at Staples Center for Lakers and Clippers games.

But now, according to a cease-and-desist letter filed by Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather has traipsed too closely to duplicating the same tampering line that found the Lakers’ LeBron James in hot water over his not-so-subtle tempting of New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis.

Three sources unauthorized to speak publicly on the matter told The Times that attorneys for De La Hoya and Golden Boy have filed legal notification for Mayweather to stop what they perceive as tampering this month with Victorville’s unbeaten lightweight Ryan Garcia, De La Hoya’s top prospect.

After Garcia bypassed watching a Golden Boy card in Indio Feb. 9 to attend the WBA super-featherweight title defense by unbeaten Mayweather-promoted Gervonta Davis in Carson that same night, Mayweather said in a video that he had a deal for Garcia.

Instead of permitting a fight against Davis right now, Mayweather said on camera, he’d pay Garcia $200,000 if he can defeat Garcia’s former Mayweather-promoted sparring partner, Rolando Romero.

Then, over the weekend, a video surfaced showing Garcia attending a Mayweather weekend birthday party.

That was enough, Golden Boy declared in the letter, reminding Mayweather that Garcia is under contract with De La Hoya, and any further activity perceived as tampering could generate legal action.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...226-story.html

That's five years ago!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Floyd didn't SUDDENLY befriend Ryan!!! You must have forgot...

Newsletter: The Fight Corner: Oscar De La Hoya wants Floyd Mayweather Jr. to stop tampering with Ryan Garcia
                    By Lance Pugmire
                    Feb. 26, 2019 11:50 AM PT​

Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s familiarity with the NBA is no secret as the unbeaten, retired boxer is a constant courtside attendee at Staples Center for Lakers and Clippers games.

But now, according to a cease-and-desist letter filed by Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather has traipsed too closely to duplicating the same tampering line that found the Lakers’ LeBron James in hot water over his not-so-subtle tempting of New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis.

Three sources unauthorized to speak publicly on the matter told The Times that attorneys for De La Hoya and Golden Boy have filed legal notification for Mayweather to stop what they perceive as tampering this month with Victorville’s unbeaten lightweight Ryan Garcia, De La Hoya’s top prospect.

After Garcia bypassed watching a Golden Boy card in Indio Feb. 9 to attend the WBA super-featherweight title defense by unbeaten Mayweather-promoted Gervonta Davis in Carson that same night, Mayweather said in a video that he had a deal for Garcia.

Instead of permitting a fight against Davis right now, Mayweather said on camera, he’d pay Garcia $200,000 if he can defeat Garcia’s former Mayweather-promoted sparring partner, Rolando Romero.

Then, over the weekend, a video surfaced showing Garcia attending a Mayweather weekend birthday party.

That was enough, Golden Boy declared in the letter, reminding Mayweather that Garcia is under contract with De La Hoya, and any further activity perceived as tampering could generate legal action.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...226-story.html

That's five years ago!!!
                    And suddenly he decides to touch base
                    People don’t do things for no reason

Comment

And suddenly he decides to touch base
                      People don’t do things for no reason
                      They never stopped their friendship!

Comment

Working...
                      X