Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: A-Side Garcia Already Top 3 PPV Draw & Gatekeeper To Big Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    I wonder if Rolly is kicking himself after losing out on his biggest paycheque and his title to boot
    Yea that never seemed like a great move by him. I thought he was probably gonna lose to both & in that case going for the biggest check seems the clear & obvious move. And I think you could argue Ryan was the more beatable of the two + gives Rolly more upside by fighting him but esp if he were to win. Not surprised by a dumb move by Rolly tho.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I think it's too soon to declare Ryan Garcia as a major PPV attraction because the sample size is too small. Davis/Garcia is one fight, let's see if he can continue having success....and if he continues to lose, will those losses begin to negatively affect his drawing power.
      Yea tend to ageee.

      Clearly Ryan draws fans & a lot of casual/non-boxing fans which is big, but I like to see a consistency to ones numbers to gauge how maintainable there drawing power is or is becoming over time. Ive seen few stats outside of the Tank fight & all you can really see for sure is that fight did better numbers than Tank usually does. How much of that bump was the fight, promotion, hype, etc vs how much was Ryan. Idk that anyone can say.

      This Devin fight will show us a lil more details on how popular Ryan actually is imo.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

        Yea that never seemed like a great move by him. I thought he was probably gonna lose to both & in that case going for the biggest check seems the clear & obvious move. And I think you could argue Ryan was the more beatable of the two + gives Rolly more upside by fighting him but esp if he were to win. Not surprised by a dumb move by Rolly tho.

        I know that people will scream hate but it really isn’t what I’m saying but this is on uncle Al and Floyd
        I’ve been around you know , William Tell William Hell lol , this chit was brought upon by upper management at PBC
        Meaning that the whole Floyd befriending Ryan and his whispers and all certainly had much to do with what transcribed to the making of this Haney vs Garcia
        Rolly is the guy who got screwed here and unfortunately lost his title at the same time

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

          Yea tend to ageee.

          Clearly Ryan draws fans & a lot of casual/non-boxing fans which is big, but I like to see a consistency to ones numbers to gauge how maintainable there drawing power is or is becoming over time. Ive seen few stats outside of the Tank fight & all you can really see for sure is that fight did better numbers than Tank usually does. How much of that bump was the fight, promotion, hype, etc vs how much was Ryan. Idk that anyone can say.

          This Devin fight will show us a lil more details on how popular Ryan actually is imo.
          I think the seeds are already planted to blame Haney if the fight doesn't do well, in order to protect Garcia's marquee value...especially if he loses.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by MulaKO View Post


            I know that people will scream hate but it really isn’t what I’m saying but this is on uncle Al and Floyd
            I’ve been around you know , William Tell William Hell lol , this chit was brought upon by upper management at PBC
            Meaning that the whole Floyd befriending Ryan and his whispers and all certainly had much to do with what transcribed to the making of this Haney vs Garcia
            Rolly is the guy who got screwed here and unfortunately lost his title at the same time
            I don't see it like that. Rolly isn't a victim here. Its his career.

            As I understand it he only has a handshake agreement with Floyd & Leonard & has only had a handshake agreement for yrs with them. Al is letting Rey Vargas & Deontay fight on Saudi cards. I don't think Al, Floyd or Leonard holds him back from making his own plays. Now if he felt like if he did x & Al wanted him to do y & he did y in fear of losing his Al relationship it gets into more of a grey area, but again this is his career & its probably unlikely Al will be inviting him over to hang out anytime soon. So Rolly needs to put Rolly first & if he doesn't thats Rolly's fault.
            mgame mgame likes this.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

              I don't see it like that. Rolly isn't a victim here. Its his career.

              As I understand it he only has a handshake agreement with Floyd & Leonard & has only had a handshake agreement for yrs with them. Al is letting Rey Vargas & Deontay fight on Saudi cards. I don't think Al, Floyd or Leonard holds him back from making his own plays. Now if he felt like if he did x & Al wanted him to do y & he did y in fear of losing his Al relationship it gets into more of a grey area, but again this is his career & its probably unlikely Al will be inviting him over to hang out anytime soon. So Rolly needs to put Rolly first & if he doesn't thats Rolly's fault.
              Imo , Floyd getting into Ryan’s ear had much impact on this whole situation and the decision not to fight Rolly
              Those guys fighting on his excellency’s card is cause Al can’t compare money wise
              Al couldn’t stop Canelo from fighting GBP fighter and the only reason is money

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

                I think the seeds are already planted to blame Haney if the fight doesn't do well, in order to protect Garcia's marquee value...especially if he loses.
                Eh you can't fight fan takes so that is gonna be what its gonna be & generally theres few fan takes anyone should gaf about so who cares at the end of the day. Half the mfers here just sh^t on the sport & athletes all day lol.

                The gate is surely gonna be nice even if its not crazy. If its not $2m-5m I'd be surprised. And anything over 1m is nice, hell 500k is well above avg.

                The PPV is anyone's guess. Devin's last PPV did under 100k buys, Ryan's last PPV did 1M+. Lol. I definitely see it landing in the middle of these two figures & the lower half of these two figures, but its a pretty wide gap so who knows if Devin's lack of fans impacts things more or Ryan's fans + the matchup between them impacts things more.

                But idk that this fight won't be a net win for both regardless of the end of the event numbers. Being a PPV guy at all puts you on a higher level in most reasonable ppls minds even if the numbers arent 1M buys or more.
                mgame mgame likes this.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

                  I think the seeds are already planted to blame Haney if the fight doesn't do well, in order to protect Garcia's marquee value...especially if he loses.
                  Haney don’t need help in that department
                  Couldn’t sell out at home and 50 000 ppv’s says it all
                  Reason why he had to go down under to get a belt

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Lets see if he thinks this on Sunday morning..

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

                      Eh you can't fight fan takes so that is gonna be what its gonna be & generally theres few fan takes anyone should gaf about so who cares at the end of the day. Half the mfers here just sh^t on the sport & athletes all day lol.

                      The gate is surely gonna be nice even if its not crazy. If its not $2m-5m I'd be surprised. And anything over 1m is nice, hell 500k is well above avg.

                      The PPV is anyone's guess. Devin's last PPV did under 100k buys, Ryan's last PPV did 1M+. Lol. I definitely see it landing in the middle of these two figures & the lower half of these two figures, but its a pretty wide gap so who knows if Devin's lack of fans impacts things more or Ryan's fans + the matchup between them impacts things more.

                      But idk that this fight won't be a net win for both regardless of the end of the event numbers. Being a PPV guy at all puts you on a higher level in most reasonable ppls minds even if the numbers arent 1M buys or more.
                      Remember in another convo when you said that Haney didn't expect the Prograis fight to be PPV? The bold is exactly why I don't believe him. Unfortunately, Haney is probably gonna become a predominantly PPV fighter.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP