Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic On Dubois: Our Sparring Was Not So Good For Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dislike when guys say they'll retire after a loss, seems like unnecessary pressure to place on one's shoulders.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-16-2024, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

It’s a good card. Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson being the least interesting of the bunch.
      I think that'll be first fight on the card, so it's ok. You never know, these kinda fights sometimes turn into a war.

I can't see how any of the other fights are not entertaining. Not only are they good competitive match ups, but they also should be very entertaining.

its great to see fights like Sheeraz and Ammo Williams, both at similar stages en route to world level but they're going to fight.

I doubt too many fighters want to fight Ball, he's got no belt and a very tough nights work but the money makes it happen. No chance Ball would be walking into a title shot straight after the Vargas fight without the saudis paying a champ.

I know the Saudi cards are not ideal for fans who want to attend the fights and make a fight of it, but it's hard to criticise anything else, they're simply putting on the best cards. Makes no difference to me where the fight is when I'm watching on TV anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Spar win?
        Sparring is a tool, not a fight. If there are winners and losers in sparring, then Blue Lewis, Candy Slim Merritt, Bossman Jones, Roy Tiger Williams, Jimmy Ellis, Johnny Hudgins, Rufus Brassel, Terry Lee, Tim Witherspoon, Dino Denis, Cody Jones, Mel Turnbow, Larry Holmes and Jodi Ballard collectively have about 2,500 wins over Muhammad Ali.
        What I was really getting at is if in a spar, if the man who lost the spar admits it, rather than a man boasting he won the spar then we can take more from it.
        Like fury admitted Josh beat him in sparring, means more than if Josh said he did better in sparring against fury. Josh has at least a spar win in bag so to speak, fury has admitted it. How much that means is up for debate and open to interpretation. Sure, Josh fans can boast about it if they so wish
        Last edited by hugh grant; 04-16-2024, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I really dislike when guys say they'll retire after a loss, seems like unnecessary pressure to place on one's shoulders.
          He is saying that DDD is not a top contender and if he loses to him that he has nothing to do in HW boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

He is saying that DDD is not a top contender and if he loses to him that he has nothing to do in HW boxing.
            I understand his sobering view of the situation and I don't doubt that he means it, but anything can happen in the ring...and Dubois is not THAT bad of a fighter. I think Hrgovic will win, but the pressure is already high....there's no need to add even morepressure by publicly contemplating retirement.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 04-16-2024, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Americans don't do well in any divisions where the men are above the size of teenage girls.

Heavyweight is dominated by Europeans and has been for decades, cruiserweight has been dominated by mostly Europeans for ages now. Light Heavyweight is now dominated by Russians. Etc etc.

You really have to start getting down to weights where the men are the size of 15 year old girls to find where Americas start succeeding
              So let's pretend Wilder wasn't knocking heads off shoulders only a few years ago. Btw, Russia is not in Europe. Are you guys now claiming Russia as part of the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

So let's pretend Wilder wasn't knocking heads off shoulders only a few years ago. Btw, Russia is not in Europe. Are you guys now claiming Russia as part of the UK?
                Russia is both Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.

They compete in European sporting competitions as the capital of Russia is geographically in Europe.

Beterbiev is 2 times European amateur champion you dummy

Bivol was the u22 European boxing amateur champion.

You do nothing to help the stereotype that Americans have no world knowledge

You need to stay out of this conversation, you've just completely embarrassed yourself with your double digit IQ
                Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-16-2024, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Rob, do you do nothing but play the punchbag for other forum members? Damn.

You need to find a map to look how much of Russia is in Europe. Seriously. But not only that, are you assuming that the whole of Europe is the UK? It seems it by this comment.

Go on Rob, get some sleep. We'll see you fresh and early tomorrow for your daily whipping duties.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Russia is both Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.

They compete in European sporting competitions as the capital of Russia is geographically in Europe.

Beterbiev is 2 times European amateur champion you dummy

Bivol was the u22 European boxing amateur champion.

You do nothing to help the stereotype that Americans have no world knowledge

You need to stay out of this conversation, you've just completely embarrassed yourself with your double digit IQ
                    80% of Russia is in Asia and for political purposes, Russia is considered to be part of Asia.

Bivol's dad is from Moldovan and his mom's family is from Korea.

Bivol won medals in Europe and Russia. He won far more Russian and World medals than Euro medals, you STOOGE. Here's a brief summary of his amateur career:
                    http://amateur-boxing.strefa.pl/Reco...l_Dmitriy.html

​​​​​​Russia is not in the EU. Russia does not consider itself part of Europe because it refuses to be subjugated to junior partnership within the EU to any Euro nation. Hence, they reject being part of the Euro sphere of influence. And like I said, the vast majority of the Russian land mass is situated in Asia. I guess Mongolian and Kyrgyzstan are in Europe too.

Did they teach you these over there? Of course not. They only teach you mutants to hate America because you can never be America, try as you might.

Now go back to waking off your little UK butt buddy, Sid-Knee in his grandma's attic.
                    Last edited by BlackRobb; 04-17-2024, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Rob, do you do nothing but play the punchbag for other forum members? Damn.

You need to find a map to look how much of Russia is in Europe. Seriously. But not only that, are you assuming that the whole of Europe is the UK? It seems it by this comment.

Go on Rob, get some sleep. We'll see you fresh and early tomorrow for your daily whipping duties.
                      "Punching bag"??? I abuse UK clowns like you daily. You were the guy who said Clinton Wood was a top level fighter until I pulled up his record for you and showed you that his resume has just as much padding in it as Slappy Joe's. Then I showed you hola Joe twice avoided Glen Johnson, a journeyman.

Maybe you should put the drugs and humiliation pawn down for once and leave your grandma's attic and experience real life. We all know you don't live on your own because you're incapable of living on your own.

It's sad how you guys hate America so much, you spend most of your time in pubs. If I was the sun, I'd hide from you guys too.
                      Last edited by BlackRobb; 04-17-2024, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X