Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James: Ryan Garcia Can Be as Good as He Wants to Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derrick James: Ryan Garcia Can Be as Good as He Wants to Be

Facing Devin Haney on April 20 in Brooklyn, New York, Ryan Garcia will again have trainer Derrick James in his corner. The way James sees it, how Garcia fares - now and in the future - is in his own hands.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder why fighters switch trainers as soon as they lose instead of looking at themselves. Spence switched when in reality he probably needed better medical care. Garcia switched when in reality he needed a good psychologist and so on.
    IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Cryan Garcia is going to overwhelm Haney

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
        I wonder why fighters switch trainers as soon as they lose instead of looking at themselves. Spence switched when in reality he probably needed better medical care. Garcia switched when in reality he needed a good psychologist and so on.
        Because it's the easy option IMHO. These guys have to have huge ego in a sport like this to succeed and sometimes it may be the right move for just that purpose. Other times not...its a gamble.

Some guys accept it different than others and I personally think some just need the ego massage to deal. It's worked both ways and is dependent on a lot of different factors.

That being said I have no faith in garcia lol But I don't mind being wrong either.

Comment

He need to switch trainer again, why staying with someone who's heart is no longer in the sport?

Comment

Derrick James is overrated as a trainer. The fact that he got 2022 TOTY off the win over the 77 year old Cuban mummy is laughable. But he's not the reason Errol got massacred by Bud.

By his comments in this article, he seems to be taking shots at Spence. Everyone knows Errol has never been totally dedicated to boxing. All those 2AM drinking binges with his fan boy hangers-on were bound to catch up with him.

Even without the out-of-ring alcoholism and even if Angel Dundee was training him, Spence was never beating Crawford. They're two completely different levels of fighter. Anyone can see that.

Comment

This reads like what we've known for a long time. Ryan Garcia has tons of talent, but is too arrogant and with too little personal responsibility to actually learn. If he wanted to behave like a professional instead of YouTuber and actually be humble and grind and learn, he could be great. But instead he wants to be crazy and do drugs and turn his back on opponents in the ring and call it a shoulder roll. My eyes were rolling more than his shoulder.

Comment

aka if he loses it aint my fault!

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                  aka if he loses it aint my fault!
                  The person in the ring is always responsible for their own success, or lack thereof. The best fighters always understand that. The P4P stal***** always have the work ethic. The ones who get proven hypejobs are the ones who aren't willing to stay professionals, because talent only takes you so far.

Comment

James is full of chit
                    Overrated and preparing for another loss sounds to me

Comment

Working...
                    X