Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Tszyu-Fundora's Bad Luck, Good Intentions and Difficult Decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Tszyu-Fundora's Bad Luck, Good Intentions and Difficult Decisions

David Greisman talks about the weekend of fights in his "Fighting Words" column with a focus on Tim Tszyu vs. Sebastian Fundora
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-01-2024, 06:20 PM.

One of the worst corner jobs ever. A disgrace how they didn’t look out for Tszyu.
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

It was the main event.. but, still.. the fight should have been stopped.. that was difficult to watch.. and I'm sure even harder to actually be fighting under those conditions..
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
        It was the main event.. but, still.. the fight should have been stopped.. that was difficult to watch.. and I'm sure even harder to actually be fighting under those conditions..
        i tell you what one thing it was not was surprising to watch it go on be it with his corners decisions or there work on the cut they were not going to stop this fight unless his head fell off his shoulders it is the nature of boxing. Me it was fine he was cut he wanted to continue it was a first for a new platform to show boxing all that added up to a required viewing and on top of that there has been worst looking boxing matches then this one with the blood and corner work. Hell people have died being shouldered out of the ring after massive beatings. They both will land on there feet now if Tsyz was in hospital with a swollen brain then it would be dif. A simi example is Fury when he was cut they let it go for similar reason's reasons being money and the horse you bet on......like they all say now..... "hey its boxing what do you expect" ?
        TreD TreD garfios garfios like this.

Comment

Tszyus corner was too brave, but I think it was a great war of attrition, worth every penny. Tim showed heart and he put on a good show. My concerns about his skill aside.

Comment

The corner could’ve stopped the fight. I hope it heals right. The cut was in a weird and high enough place on his head where I don’t think the scarred tissue would open up again in a future match.

Hats off to Tszyu for battling through it. Most would’ve said they couldn’t continue.
            eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

When you don’t stop the fight there are no excuses. The Tszyu team chose to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by b Murphington View Post
                The corner could’ve stopped the fight. I hope it heals right. The cut was in a weird and high enough place on his head where I don’t think the scarred tissue would open up again in a future match.

Hats off to Tszyu for battling through it. Most would’ve said they couldn’t continue.
                most would have looked at the Doc or the Ref and said with there eye's and face please stop this fight and then when they did stop the fight the same fighter would act all outragged and upset about a stoppage that he could have continued to fight thru. Yep Tsyz's son choose to continue fighting and for that he should be respected just dont turn around and use it as some alibi or crying jag if future fights dont fall his way....not that he would just sayin..

Comment

I think it was the combination of pressure of the main event and not wanting to let fans down, belief in Tim getting the job done, the hope that they could stop the blood and yes bravery. He definitely did not need to lose the fight, he lost the 0 and possibly the opportunity to fight Bud Crawford but he won new fans for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X