Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweights Frazer Clarke and Fabio Wardley Share a Wild, Brutal Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never scored it because it was too exciting but I felt Frazer won if anyone. He boxed nicely at the beginning and his fundamentals held up when both were tired down the stretch.

He got hurt a bunch of times though and dropped.

Also it is a weird one in that whilst Frazer had great moments and toughness it is hard not to just be more impressed with Wardley given his background. He's just a fantastic competitor.

It was a great fight and a rematch would be great but I think with Wardley especially you could chuck him in there with anyone and it would he fun.

Wardley and Wilder....woof. If Wilder is game that is is a ****er. He wont have to find him because Wardley would be trying to punch his chin off thus giving Wilder massive chances to get a highlight reel KO himself.
    Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

I think both fighters should rematch; and capitalise on this fight, make some money and bring there names out to the wider public. Good fight , if frazer had good foot work he'd be dangerous, has a good chin. I thought wardley just nicked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I never scored it because it was too exciting but I felt Frazer won if anyone. He boxed nicely at the beginning and his fundamentals held up when both were tired down the stretch.

He got hurt a bunch of times though and dropped.

Also it is a weird one in that whilst Frazer had great moments and toughness it is hard not to just be more impressed with Wardley given his background. He's just a fantastic competitor.

It was a great fight and a rematch would be great but I think with Wardley especially you could chuck him in there with anyone and it would he fun.

Wardley and Wilder....woof. If Wilder is game that is is a ****er. He wont have to find him because Wardley would be trying to punch his chin off thus giving Wilder massive chances to get a highlight reel KO himself.

I think optics play a part when you don't score it, because Wardley was running on fumes at the end and his face was battered and its easy to forget by the end that he was winning pretty much all the middle rounds

When I scored it, including the knockdown and deduction I had it a draw.

It reminded me a bit of the DeGale vs Jack fight. DeGale was getting a pasting at the end and his teeth were smashed in, so it looked like Jack won. But in fact DeGale was winning most of the early rounds and dropped Jack and a draw was correct when you're scoring round by round.

Funny sport is boxing. You can one guy taking a pasting for 6 rounds, yet just edged 6 rounds and it correctly be a draw yet that doesn't tell you the story of the fight.
        Sparked_26 Sparked_26 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

I think optics play a part when you don't score it, because Wardley was running on fumes at the end and his face was battered and its easy to forget by the end that he was winning pretty much all the middle rounds

It reminded me a bit of the DeGale vs Jack fight. DeGale was getting a pasting at the end and his teeth were smashed in, so it looked like Jack won. But in fact DeGale was winning most of the early rounds and dropped Jack and a draw was correct when you're scoring round by round.

Funny sport is boxing. You can one guy taking a pasting for 6 rounds, yet just edged 6 rounds and it correctly be a draw yet that doesn't tell you the story of the fight.
          Good point.

Looking absolutely cream crackered would influence the judges and fans alike

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Definitely all true.

I didn't really score Heaney/Pauls either. If the fight is good I dont really stick at it but I thought Heaney won that one.

Defo what you like as well. I wanted Pauls to win that but Heaney boxed nicely at times and I suppose I prefer that.

Similar to that Kongo fight and Marku. I didn't score that but it didn't look at all close to me. Kongo swept it but there was a wild card in there.

If I was a judge I don't think I'd have awarded Arthur Abraham hardly any rounds in his whole career. I hate that inactive style of boxing.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-01-2024, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Wow! What a great fight! Both Clarke and Wardley did enough to win!

Comment

Working...
              X