Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszy-U-S-A! Tim Tszyu Envisions Stateside Takeover, Fights vs Canelo, Crawford, Spence, and Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ——/—
    Which guys did Floyd make them meet him at catchweights?

The only name you can pull up is Canelo but Canelo is the one who offered to meet Floyd halfway at 152. This is on YouTube right after Canelo beat Cintron.
    The JM Marquez fight was a catchweight fight, meant to benefit Marquez. Mayweather blew it off and paid the fine.
    TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I get your point but You missed the point I was making.

The optional defense isn’t anyone who earned the fight. Like the Kahn fight- a cash grab- after 2 tough mandatory defenses.

Crawford, while more deserving, would be an optional defense as well given he isn’t at 168 either.
      I got your point. It's valid - you fought 2 tough fights now fight who you please.

My point is that even with the optional defense - at least try to make it make sense. An my 2nd point is I don't care who he fights if he's not a belt holder. I would prefer him to give up all his belts at this point. I think Munguia is a mandatory but how and why is he ? Because he beat Ryder. The Canelo money pit is dislocating the sport from 147 to 175

Comment

I like the look and sound but we need to see more to be sure.If he deals with this weekend in style then Crawford is the acid test.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

The JM Marquez fight was a catchweight fight, meant to benefit Marquez. Mayweather blew it off and paid the fine.
          ———-
          It was meant to benefit Marquez yes but let’s go back to history.
          Marquez knocked out Juan Diaz AND then called out Floyd stating he will move up to fight Floyd. At the time, Floyd had been retired over two years.

Let’s give it even more context, Mosley was fighting at 135 when he moved up two weight classes to fight Oscar.
          So, the fact is Floyd NEVER called out Marquez nor offer him any concessions. After it became a reality that Floyd would fight, Marquez asked for a catchweight of 144 Ibs and to your point, Floyd just blew it off.

I hope boxing scene will not block the two sources below.

https://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/n...ory?id=3943253

https://www.eurosport.com/boxing/mar...68/story.shtml

Comment

Fundora wins by TKO Rd 8

Comment

29 years after his father won his first title over Jake the Snake Rodriguez at the MGM!

Comment

Amazon Prime needs to put its foot down now and not let PBC pull the same games it did with other outlets by not giving viewers the best possible fights they could. Viewers deserve to see a Tszyu-Crawford fight (2 undefeated fighters and one of them a P-4-P fighter), not Errol Spence Jr. squeezing in a cash-out payday against Tszyu. It’s Amazon Prime’s platform and it needs to make clear to PBC that it calls the shots by demanding the best fights possible.
                Last edited by Roj; 03-28-2024, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                  Fundora wins by TKO Rd 8
                  Damaged goods
                  Can’t see it happening
                  Plick647 Plick647 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

Crawford is supposed to be the mandatory for the winner of Tszyu / Fundora. That was yesterday though, the sanctioning gangsters always end up doing whatever they want ,no matter if it goes against their own rules.
                    If Tim wins this, He will have the WBO and WBC belts. Don't put it past Whoricio to make Spence the WBC mandatory. Then Tim/PBC obviously would go the route of the in house fight.
                    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

If Tim wins this, He will have the WBO and WBC belts. Don't put it past Whoricio to make Spence the WBC mandatory. Then Tim/PBC obviously would go the route of the in house fight.
                      Tim’s manager already mentioned Spence so I think your reasoning ain’t off by far
                      PBC trademark

Comment

Working...
                      X