Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszy-U-S-A! Tim Tszyu Envisions Stateside Takeover, Fights vs Canelo, Crawford, Spence, and Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

I think that in some ways boxing would be better off with Canelo retiring. There are too many guys angling to fight him and sitting on their asses hoping to hit the Canelo jackpot instead of continuing to do what brought them to the top , fighting good competition.
    I’ve been saying that for the longest time
    Just retire and be done with it
    A brand new division and then we’ll see who the true monsters are
    Morrell anybody

Comment

Crawford is supposed to be the mandatory for the winner of Tszyu / Fundora. That was yesterday though, the sanctioning gangsters always end up doing whatever they want ,no matter if it goes against their own rules.
      This actually has PBC written all over it
      Spence , belts and aging out the outcast named Bud
      Even Willis can see it lol

Comment

I think that in some ways boxing would be better off with Canelo retiring. There are too many guys angling to fight him and sitting on their asses hoping to hit the Canelo jackpot instead of continuing to do what brought them to the top , fighting good competition.
        Not retire. Just fight the top guys at 168. I think if every 3rd fight is an ‘optional’ defense after 2 top ranked mandos, that is completely fine.

Like if he does Munguia and Benavidez this year, if he fights Spence next May, I wouldn’t be mad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Not retire. Just fight the top guys at 168. I think if every 3rd fight is an ‘optional’ defense after 2 top ranked mandos, that is completely fine.

Like if he does Munguia and Benavidez this year, if he fights Spence next May, I wouldn’t be mad at all.
          Regardless of who Canelo fights and for as long has Canelo has belts then in what world does Spence deserve a Canelo fight? Especially if he gets a shot before Crawford - how would the destroyed loser getting a shot make any sense to confused boxing fans?

It would just be another step away from being a merit-based sport and further towards a chaotic circus of a sport based exclusively on which fights can be made for most money without upsetting primadonnas.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Regardless of who Canelo fights and for as long has Canelo has belts then in what world does Spence deserve a Canelo fight? Especially if he gets a shot before Crawford - how would the destroyed loser getting a shot make any sense to confused boxing fans?

It would just be another step away from being a merit-based sport and further towards a chaotic circus of a sport based exclusively on which fights can be made for most money without upsetting primadonnas.
            I get your point but You missed the point I was making.

The optional defense isn’t anyone who earned the fight. Like the Kahn fight- a cash grab- after 2 tough mandatory defenses.

Crawford, while more deserving, would be an optional defense as well given he isn’t at 168 either.

Comment

We're you saying that about Floyd when he had guys from lightweight to Middleweight meeting him at catch weights?

Comment

Good on Tszyu

Comment

Why should Canelo retire?He’s living comfortably in so many of y’all heads ! #Unhealthy Obsession
                  Last edited by TonyRespectful; 03-28-2024, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Have you seen Benavidez lately? He is over 200lbs and looks to be lucky even to make 175. If he does try and make 168 he gonna be like RJJ and Chad Dawson who were never the same when they went back down....

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Were you saying that about Floyd when he had guys from lightweight to Middleweight meeting him at catch weights?
                      ——/—
                      Which guys did Floyd make them meet him at catchweights?

The only name you can pull up is Canelo but Canelo is the one who offered to meet Floyd halfway at 152. This is on YouTube right after Canelo beat Cintron.

Comment

Working...
                      X