Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Deal With Matchroom Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prograis is shot to smithereens so it makes sense for a prospect to clean his clock

Comment

[QUOTE=kiaba360;n32213712]
      Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think the fight makes sense for both: Prograis gets a bounce-back fight against a hot prospect to prove he's still world-level, while Dalton will look to show that the Zepeda victory was not a fluke. I wouldn't mind if Dalton tried to capture the EBU belt because he was pretty inactive leading up to the Zepeda fight, but Boxing is all about capitalizing on momentum. Now there's a certain level of expectation on his shoulders. Do you think that​​ match-up can headline Sheffield Arena?
      I don’t mind him fighting for the EBU as long as it’s somebody decent, no point in him fighting a Petitjean, Poulsen type IMO.

Yeah definitely, possibly even sells it out, Dalton is a big ticket seller tbf. Nice to see Sheffield with a new star post Brook.

I’d possibly look at trying to bring Barroso over, he’s fought in the UK before and beating him puts you front of the queue for the WBA.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Prograis showed he has problems with movers because he has to set his feet. I'm not sure Dalton is really ready for him but that's not a bad fight and he does have youth on his side. If the EBU gets vacated, which I think it will, I'd expect Smith to fight Fernandez for it. Azim is a hell of a prospect but maybe still too green.
        Last edited by Mammoth; 03-28-2024, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X