Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Deal With Matchroom Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Deal With Matchroom Boxing

Dalton Smith Extends Promotional Deal With Matchroom Boxing
    [Click Here To Read More]

‘That would be an amazing fight’: Matchroom CEO likes the idea of matching Dalton Smith against Regis Prograis
    Frank Smith says a fight between Dalton Smith and Regis Prograis would prove Smith’s level.
    By Wil Esco@wil_esco Mar 27, 2024

Matchroom’s Frank Smith tells ESPN that Regis Prograis is an amazing fight for Dalton Smith fresh off of his win over Jose Zepeda last weekend, and while he’s certainly on the table, he’s not the only option for Smith at this point.

But Matchroom still have Prograis under contract and believe a fight between Smith and Prograis would go a long way to establishing Smith as a real player on the world level.

“Let’s see where he lands in the rankings to see how far away he is from fighting for a world title, but Regis Prograis is a great fight, that would be an amazing fight,” Frank Smith told ESPN. “We represent Regis as well but that would show the level that Dalton Smith is at. But there’s lots of big fights to be made, let’s see.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/2...xing-news-2024

​​
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Makes sense. Hopefully MR can get Dalton into the mix with Prograis potentially next.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Makes sense. Hopefully MR can get Dalton into the mix with Prograis potentially next.
        This is a bit reminiscent of Bam Rodriguez facing Cuadras and Sor Rungvisai. I'm sure Dalton will get criticized for picking on older fighters, but he doesn't even have 20 fights yet. Guys like Zepeda and Prograis are levels above Smith's previous opposition, so it's fair game. Stylistically, I'd rather see Smith/Prograis than Smith/Martin. I respect Martin's capabilities, but his style doesn't make for entertaining fights.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I see lots of holes in Dalton but he may well be one who proves me wrong , I hope so. He seems to find the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

This is a bit reminiscent of Bam Rodriguez facing Cuadras and Sor Rungvisai. I'm sure Dalton will get criticized for picking on older fighters, but he doesn't even have 20 fights yet. Guys like Zepeda and Prograis are levels above Smith's previous opposition, so it's fair game. Stylistically, I'd rather see Smith/Prograis than Smith/Martin. I respect Martin's capabilities, but his style doesn't make for entertaining fights.
            I thought Zepeda was great matchmaking tbf. Still a dangerous guy but definitely on the slide. Prograis is a bit more risky but I think they could be getting him at the right time too. Ironically enough, neither Prograis or Zepeda have ever really looked the same since fighting each other.

Comment

I thought Zepeda was great matchmaking tbf. Still a dangerous guy but definitely on the slide. Prograis is a bit more risky but I think they could be getting him at the right time too. Ironically enough, neither Prograis or Zepeda have ever really looked the same since fighting each other.
              That crop of 140lbers really put a dent in one another: Taylor, Baranchyk, Prograis, Zepeda, Ramirez. It's pretty similar to Estrada/Cuadras/Gonzalez/Rungvisai. In boxing, the predator eventually becomes the prey. Prograis took his beating from Haney with dignity, and I can imagine that he wants to get back in the ring ASAP to put that performance behind him. Dalton will be jumping the queue by facing Prograis, but I'd love to see what happens. Can Dalton find the perfect shot and be the first to stop Prograis? Can Prograis show the gulf in experience and force Dalton into exchanges?
              Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty convinced if the undercard was good enough Dalton vs Azim could sell out Hillsborough. Definitely the O2 or Wembley!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

That crop of 140lbers really put a dent in one another: Taylor, Baranchyk, Prograis, Zepeda, Ramirez. It's pretty similar to Estrada/Cuadras/Gonzalez/Rungvisai. In boxing, the predator eventually becomes the prey. Prograis took his beating from Haney with dignity, and I can imagine that he wants to get back in the ring ASAP to put that performance behind him. Dalton will be jumping the queue by facing Prograis, but I'd love to see what happens. Can Dalton find the perfect shot and be the first to stop Prograis? Can Prograis show the gulf in experience and force Dalton into exchanges?
                  Zepeda-Baranchyk was incredible man, best fight of the last few years IMO. I remember I’d managed to escape UK covid travel restrictions and was in Milan on holiday and my friend called me at like 4am crazily hyped saying you need to watch this fight.

Yeah it’s definitely an intriguing fight, is the timing right? Is it too much too soon? Etc. I do suspect Prograis is on the slide though personally, he looked very poor against Zorrilla and then looked even worse against Haney. He took a bit of a beating from Haney too.

Comment

[QUOTE=RJJ-94-02=GOAT;n32213493]​

Zepeda-Baranchyk was incredible man, best fight of the last few years IMO. I remember I’d managed to escape UK covid travel restrictions and was in Milan on holiday and my friend called me at like 4am crazily hyped saying you need to watch this fight.

Yeah it’s definitely an intriguing fight, is the timing right? Is it too much too soon? Etc. I do suspect Prograis is on the slide though personally, he looked very poor against Zorrilla and then looked even worse against Haney. He took a bit of a beating from Haney too.
                    I think the fight makes sense for both: Prograis gets a bounce-back fight against a hot prospect to prove he's still world-level, while Dalton will look to show that the Zepeda victory was not a fluke. I wouldn't mind if Dalton tried to capture the EBU belt because he was pretty inactive leading up to the Zepeda fight, but Boxing is all about capitalizing on momentum. Now there's a certain level of expectation on his shoulders. Do you think that​​ match-up can headline Sheffield Arena?
                    Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X