Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Has Saturday's PBC Card Primed Boxing for a New Broadcast Era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I can understand putting Thurman in a headline debut slot because he was one of PBC's pillars....but his chronic inactivity and injury-proneness should've ruled him out immediately. It's clear Team Tszyu accepted that match-up because the intent is to increase his name-value in the USA. Why else would Glen Jennings be thinking about Spence?
    I can understand it at 147, but hes kinda irrelevant these days. Hes got name value, but lil relevance, with the inactivity, & none at 154 (or 155).

And look if this wasn't a trend I'd have less problem with it. Every at bat isn't gonna be a hit let alone a double or a triple. But its this consistent out of nowhere main events that fans dgaf about thats the issue. A PPV main event should at least be a fight that either 1)is a proven PPV A side that can virtually fight anyone & ppl will tune in or 2)a matchup thats among fights ppl are talking about & see as having some value. Tim is an Aussie PPV guy but this is his debut US PPV. And this fight couldn't have been more out of left field to continue with baseball analogies.

I mean fair play to PBC. They can do whatever but idk how this is doing them, the boxers or the fans all that much good. There is a limited time to make your mark in this sport with fans & with maximizing your money & PBC seems to be doing lackluster with all of it vs their pool of talent & fights ppl do gaf about.

Comment

Ranallo and the rest of them except for Bernstein are trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

It says a lot when thats their first Amazon PPV main event. A PPV no one, like literally no one, gaf about or hell even had considered really. Wtf kind of PPV move is that? Usually fans are like "that shouldn't be a PPV". With Tim vs Keef fans were like "wait what?!?!".

I'm dogging Canelo in other threads lmfao. In this thread I'm saying wtf is PBC thinking not making Canelo vs Benavidez not just a part of the deal but if need be the only fight of the deal. Just do a one off to make this crazy ass fight fans wanna see. But once again wtf does PBC do? Canelo vs Mell & fans again are like "wait what?!?!" cuz this sh^t makes no fooking sense. This is what I'm talking about with how PBC moves.
        Told your goofyass carnela tells tranny al what to do.

"Dey can suggest it doe" lmao clown

Comment

Working...
        X