No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Determined Brian Custer Is Years From His Last Stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Determined Brian Custer Is Years From His Last Stand

When Brian Custer landed what, for most, would be a career-defining gig with ESPN in 2021, it was a major milestone in his broadcasting career, but he did have one point regarding life outside of the worldwide leader that was non-negotiable.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think that the audience is going to be vastly different at all. It's still going to be us boxing fans. It would be great if Amazon could grow the audience but with almost all of the fights being on Pay Per View they are letting greed get in the way of growth. People who aren't already boxing fans aren't going to pay to watch , and most boxing fans are just going to stream the fights for free.
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

The crew sounds good to me. Al Bernstein and Steve Farhood would be nice additions too but I can work with this. Is there going to be a Spanish announce team too ? Sometimes I feel like watching in Spanish.
      ​​​​

Comment

Glad Bernstein is not involved always found him to be wishy washy and always rolled over when someone challenged his take.

Comment

What I like about Custer is he’s both knowledgeable AND likable, and those are the tyoe of announcers you need if you’re a broadcaster asking people to pay to watch your fights. That’s what DAZN still hasn’t figured out: (at least on the US side). Mannix, Mora and Grantham aren’t particularly likable or relatable, and Mannix in particular, doesn’t seem to realize how his snarkiness has a nasty edge to it. Why do executives and boxers come and go at DAZN but these three clowns are still doing the fights years later?

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
            The crew sounds good to me. Al Bernstein and Steve Farhood would be nice additions too but I can work with this. Is there going to be a Spanish announce team too ? Sometimes I feel like watching in Spanish.
            ​​​​
            Al is going to be working for DAZN. His first announcing gig there will be March 30th on the Pulev card. I don't know what Farhood is going to be doing or what the Spanish broadcast team will look like. El Diamante is awesome, so hopefully he gets a high profile gig somewhere soon. I know he was doing some stuff for Overtime Boxing recently.
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

Al is going to be working for DAZN. His first announcing gig there will be March 30th on the Pulev card. I don't know what Farhood is going to be doing or what the Spanish broadcast team will look like. El Diamante is awesome, so hopefully he gets a high profile gig somewhere soon. I know he was doing some stuff for Overtime Boxing recently.
              Thanks man , I appreciate the information.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                ​​​​
                When my fighter is losing.........I like to hit MUTE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X