Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you describe Usyk as an entertaining heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
    PRINCEKOOL not that "Joshua has good fundamentals" again - many heavyweight boxers do have them. The point is that while you can say what Usyk or Fury exceed at or even Wilder with his punch if not else, you can't say that for AJ. But hey - Joshua has to be remarkable at something because he is a product. So they came up with the "good fundamentals". He is good the way he is and that should have been enough.

Tyson is not by the schoolbooks and it is not necessary to be. Calzaghe wasn't, Marciano wasn't - many were not. He is great at adapting and shifting style while being awkward, which we can debate is next level to the schoolbook content.
    Tyson Fury's next level, non-text book fighting style 'Is not to the level his hardcore fans, believe it to be'.

Tyson Fury for me is not on the level of Prince Naseem Hamed, Roy Jones Junior or Manny Pacquiao 'Those fighters were not text book, or fundamentally correct. And their boxing game was all about, being creative and pushing the limits of the boxing physics'.

You are speaking as if 'Tyson Fury as a boxing talent, is the same level of fighter as those past all-time greats'.

Tyson Fury has not shown in his career, that he is that level of fighter 'This is the perceptual issue you need to deal with, real quick before May 18th'.

The only way you can speak in this manner 'Is if you are refusing to acknowledge other fighters abilities, and performances'.

Anthony Joshua has just obliterated Francis Ngannou 'Tyson Fury lost his 10 round fight vs Francis Ngannou. All the statistics of that fight? Show that Fury lost the fight. Ngannou landed the most power punches, inflicted the most damage and his scored a knock-down'.

Joshua is superior fighter to Fury in multiple area's 'Superior overall athlete, more proven puncher power, and for me? Joshua has greater brute strength'.

Note: Tyson Fury is a great fighter, and yes his game is all about ingenuity 'But I believe Fury's ability is not the level, his hardcore fans or the media have portrayed' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-27-2024, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Tyson Fury's next level, non-text book fighting style 'Is not to the level his hardcore fans, believe it to be'.

Tyson Fury for me is not on the level of Prince Naseem Hamed, Roy Jones Junior or Manny Pacquiao 'Those fighters were not text book, or fundamentally correct. And their boxing game was all about, being creative and pushing the limits of the boxing physics'.

You are speaking as if 'Tyson Fury as a boxing talent, is the same level of fighter as those past all-time greats'.

Tyson Fury has not shown in his career, that he is that level of fighter 'This is the perceptual issue you need to deal with, real quick before May 18th'.

The only way you can speak in this manner 'Is if you are refusing to acknowledge other fighters abilities, and performances'.

Anthony Joshua has just obliterated Francis Ngannou 'Tyson Fury lost his 10 round fight vs Francis Ngannou. All the statistics of that fight? Show that Fury lost the fight. Ngannou landed the most power punches, inflicted the most damage and his scored a knock-down'.

Joshua is superior fighter to Fury in multiple area's 'Superior overall athlete, more proven puncher power, and for me? Joshua has greater brute strength'.

Note: Tyson Fury is a great fighter, and yes his game is all about ingenuity 'But I believe Fury's ability is not the level, his hardcore fans or the media have portrayed' etc.

You compare a heavyweight, a giant one, to way smaller fighters. And I never said Fury's on anyone's level, nor I deny anyone's skills.

Joshua is always after Fury - Davison prepared him properly after he saw Ngannou's game. But this victory means nothing, because Ruiz KOed AJ with two weeks notice, while Usyk didn't do it in 24 rounds, each time having one year to prepare - do I conclude Ruiz is better than Usyk based on that? You try to apply maths in boxing and deviate statistics because Fury didn't lose against Francis. I know his haters are going to insist on that, but the only thing he did and has no excuses for is underperforming and he will go with this shame for his entire life.

What Joshia is superior to Fury is power only. And I will go the same way as you: Fury toyed with younger Wladimir, while AJ went life and death against the two years older Wlad. Yeah, you are eventually left with "Klitschko-Fury" was boring - whatever it was, it was an outclassing no one delivered to Wlad.

You sound like a "hardcore AJ fan". So any further talking is pointless, plus will pollute the thread.

Comment

I normally am not a fan of fighters that are mostly pure boxers, but I can appreciate Usyk because he's very aggressive. He will also try to go for the KO, but you can see at heavyweight his power hasn't transferred as well as it was at Cruiserweight. He's fighting heavyweights that can take a heavyweight punch and Usyk's punch is not quite heavyweight. It can keep fighters honest however and clearly enough to do damage.

He also seems like a very entertaining dude outside the ring from the various interviews I've seen him in or when he's just spotted in the wild. Lives the life of a rockstar in his own world, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

You compare a heavyweight, a giant one, to way smaller fighters. And I never said Fury's on anyone's level, nor I deny anyone's skills.

Joshua is always after Fury - Davison prepared him properly after he saw Ngannou's game. But this victory means nothing, because Ruiz KOed AJ with two weeks notice, while Usyk didn't do it in 24 rounds, each time having one year to prepare - do I conclude Ruiz is better than Usyk based on that? You try to apply maths in boxing and deviate statistics because Fury didn't lose against Francis. I know his haters are going to insist on that, but the only thing he did and has no excuses for is underperforming and he will go with this shame for his entire life.

What Joshia is superior to Fury is power only. And I will go the same way as you: Fury toyed with younger Wladimir, while AJ went life and death against the two years older Wlad. Yeah, you are eventually left with "Klitschko-Fury" was boring - whatever it was, it was an outclassing no one delivered to Wlad.

You sound like a "hardcore AJ fan". So any further talking is pointless, plus will pollute the thread.
          Joshua is a superior fighter to Fury in many area's of his game, and at stages of his career.

Anthony Joshua is a Olympic Champion, Tyson Fury's highest achievement in the amateur ranks 'Was being beaten by David Price over the distance. Which is not a insult, because Price was a commonwealth bronze medalist and highly regarded at the time'.

Anthony Joshua beat the version of Wladimir Kiltschko who Tyson Fury should of fought in their scheduled rematch 'Fury pulled out of that fight twice, unfortunately due to his circumstance'.

Wladimir Kiltschko vs Anthony Joshua happened 17 months after, Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Kiltschko 'And during those 17 months, Kiltschko had to endure 3 back to back training camps before fighting Joshua'.

Wladimir Kiltschko is a expert in his field, Kiltschko stated that he was in better condition for Joshua than he was for Fury 'Kiltschko weighed in at 245 pounds vs Fury, compared to 240 pounds vs Joshua'.

Tyson Fury's win over Wladimir Kiltschko is a great win 'In terms of historical signifiants, nobody here can deny that'..

Note: But Anthony Joshua actually has the more conclusive win over Kiltschko.

It was Anthony Joshua on April 29th 2017 in his 19th professional fight 'Joshua conclusively took the Heavyweight Division into completely new dynasty. Wladimir Kiltschko was beaten up, and knocked out. Kiltschko had the opportunity to initiate a rematch, but he chose not to? Because he understood that a new dynasty had begun. Wladimir Kiltschko therefore retried, after producing great effort in the attempt to win his titles back'.

That is why Anthony Joshua's win over Wladimir Kiltschko is in my opinion, greater than Tyson Fury's 'It was a more conclusive win' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-27-2024, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X