Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley to Canelo Alvarez: 'When Are You Going to Stand Up?'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

But 150-200 million doe
    he's not desperate for money or he would have taken what was offered to him... $150-200mil is to make sure the fight will only happen on canelo's time. he knows he's not gonna get 150-200 which is why he threw that out there, he's making sure the fight will only happen when he says so.

Comment

My boy Timmy telling it like it is...as always ...

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

I guess Mungia is a killer because he got Ryder out of there and Canelo didn't. Doesn't take the fight right away? Mungia will be Canelos 9th fight in the division without fighting the top contender. That is 4 years, what the hell are you pretending like people are in a rush? lmao
        9th fight? Lol your math is wrong buddy, we can all agree Benavidez is the division top contender but Mungia is a top ranked contender as well,so whats ur point? I wonder whats ur take on the fact Benny lost his straps not once BUT TWICE or better yet, how come when he held them titles he never unified the division or target undisputed status, tell me how come NOBODY was demanding him back then? Oh but now that the ginger is the top dog everybody demanding

Double standards as always.

Comment

There's a whole lot of attacking the messenger while ignoring the message going on in this thread.
          Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

I really feel nobody should ask for Benny v Nelo until Benny has 1 more fight. Let Benny beat someone whod beat Nelo first. Benny should fight Bivol or Beterbiev. Once Benny beats them and is betting favourite against Nelo, then the excuses for Nelo not fighting become less credible.
            Whatever is nelos best win, Benny needs to better it. So Benny needs to surpass nelos win over ggg
            Last edited by hugh grant; 03-27-2024, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post

Because now he's the older one.
              Benavidez is taller, younger, hungrier and maybe even stronger. And he's skilled. Canelo is at the tail end of his career and simply does not want that smoke!

Comment

Do you guys think Canelo feels that after his GGG trilogy, that was it? That was the opponent to call himself the face of boxing and determine from that point forward who he was going to face? Like he earned his position solely based off those fights with GGG? I'm not sure, but I feel like, Canelo was matched against good opponents up until the GGG fight and when that was over, his opposition has been mostly expected. Like, matchups where you can predict he was going to win before they happened.

I'll give the Bivol fight credit in that Canelo was moving up to a guy who was way bigger than him and he finally bit off more than he could chew, but that wasn't how it appeared prior. I think Canelo thought Bivol was just another Euro bum he'd outbox, but didn't take into account the skill level of Bivol added with the size that would give him a lot of trouble.

Comment

People who defend Canelo confuse the hell out of me, but by would you not want the biggest fight the sport has to offer? Anything but Canelo making this fight is a duck! Call it what you want but saying “he brings nothing but 25lbs” was and remain indefensible.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    I really feel nobody should ask for Benny v Nelo until Benny has 1 more fight. Let Benny beat someone whod beat Nelo first. Benny should fight Bivol or Beterbiev. Once Benny beats them and is betting favourite against Nelo, then the excuses for Nelo not fighting become less credible.
                    Whatever is nelos best win, Benny needs to better it. So Benny needs to surpass nelos win over ggg
                    So Benny should fight Floyd? or maybe the Golovkin of the first 2 fights? and why Beterbiev? He hasn't proved he could beat Canelo. I have no problem with Canelo collecting all the belts but is it not obvious after he unified there was one guy left ? An undefeated young former title holder? And you could also throw in the other David, I wouldn't care.
                    What is wrong with fans today?

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post

So Benny should fight Floyd? or maybe the Golovkin of the first 2 fights? and why Beterbiev? He hasn't proved he could beat Canelo. I have no problem with Canelo collecting all the belts but is it not obvious after he unified there was one guy left ? An undefeated young former title holder? And you could also throw in the other David, I wouldn't care.
                      What is wrong with fans today?
                      It's just if Benny beats bivol, and if then Benny still wants nelo, it won't seem like Benny is begging nelo. Nel o will have more to gain by beating benny, Benny being the man who Beat bivol

Comment

Working...
                      X