Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley to Canelo Alvarez: 'When Are You Going to Stand Up?'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Canelo Alvarez is not scared of David Benavidez’: Leonard Ellerbe says perception is not the reality
    Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe shares his perspective on a Canelo vs Benavidez matchup.
    By Wil Esco@wil_esco Mar 25, 2024

Leonard Ellerbe speaks to Fight Hub TV about a number of topics in the boxing world including all the negative perceptions of PBC as a failing business as well as those who believe Canelo Alvarez is afraid to take a fight against David Benavidez. Check out some of what he had to say down below with the full video interview at the top.

Ellerbe on the narratives that PBC is running out of money

“You’ve just got to take it from the source. Whoever putting this information out, just take it from the source. We’re running a business and making the biggest fights that are possible in the entire sport. PBC has been putting on the biggest fights for quite some time, and that’s what the focus is.”

On if the relationship between PBC and Oscar De La Hoya has mended enough to where they can work together more efficiently

“That was always the case. If a fight makes sense you can make the fight. Oscar’s just a clown and everyone knows that, and that’s why nobody deals with him [personally]. Eric, got the utmost respect for him, he’s a trooper, he’s a solider, he’s very knowledgeable, he’s been running the company for a number of years since Schaefer’s been gone.”

On how he views the whole Canelo vs Benavidez situation

“Well one thing I do know is Canelo and Eddy Reynoso are very smart, savvy businessmen. He knows what he’s doing and I can look into the camera and tell the fans Canelo Alvarez is not scared of David Benavidez. That’s not true.

“I think when they fight it’s going to be a terrific fight. At that point in time it’ll be the biggest fight in all of boxing...I think it happens.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/2...ws-2024​

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Its only strange if you have not been paying attention. All those good fighters he fought were either not dangerous or past their prime. He has not fought a single prime killer in his whole career, so it should be no surprise he is ducking Benavidez. GGG was 35 when he fought him, almost 1 decade older than Canelo. Benavidez is the opposite and of course much bigger than GGG.
      And when was the last time Bumvidez faced a killer? He's 27 years old and a resume as terrible as Tim Bradley's.

Bumvidez last two fights:

Plant - Not a killer according to you.
      Andrade 36 years old - Not in his prime according to you

Upcoming

Oleksandr Gvozdyk - 36 years old - Not in his prime according to you

And you want to cry about Canelo and lick Benavidez's taint? LOL.

Last edited by El_Maldito_Rey; 03-27-2024, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Man, Benny v Nell must be biggest fight in history, everyone's chiming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
          Canelo fought good fighters during his career so it's strange how he is resisting the Benavidez fight. There are also other fighters like Morrell who are no chumps. But Canelo has big $$ now so maybe he will retire soon.
          you just answered your own question. because he put in the work early on and fought tough opponents, he feel that at this point, he calls the shot. benavidez is crying and begging for a fight which is only going to make canelo stall him out even longer...

canelo is not in a position where he's desperate for money or is trying to make a name for himself. he's done that already so now he's acting like a boss... i really cant blame him for doing this... i mean i think 99.9% of us would do the same if we were in canelo's position.

Comment

benavidez should just forget about canelo for now.... just keep on fighting and keep on winning.. the fight with canelo will happen at some point... crying and begging for it will not get you the fight. go put in the work and show canelo that you deserve the fight.

Comment

Conelo doesn't understand English

Comment

Originally posted by Toprope View Post

What does Plant have to do with anything. Canelo went the distance with John Ryder. John Ryder? Does that mean Mungia defeats Canelo because he beat the shiznit out of Ryder. You can lose to a team that does not not make the playoffs and win the superbowl. If you don't want to see Canelo in with the best other SMW I can't force you.
                Thats their only rival in common so it does matter although I agree triangle theories not always the rule but my main point is everybody seem to perceive Benavidez as some sort of killer but yet..he couldn't get Caleb out of there like the ginger did and ofc I also want to watch em fight but Im not goint to call a fighter with the pedigree of canelo a scared coward just cause he doesn't take the fight right away, its one fight at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post

This is a boxing site .Why are you always saying something sexual ? Are you a pervert?
                  The way yall stay on your knees for Ginger is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

you just answered your own question. because he put in the work early on and fought tough opponents, he feel that at this point, he calls the shot. benavidez is crying and begging for a fight which is only going to make canelo stall him out even longer...

canelo is not in a position where he's desperate for money or is trying to make a name for himself. he's done that already so now he's acting like a boss... i really cant blame him for doing this... i mean i think 99.9% of us would do the same if we were in canelo's position.
                    But 150-200 million doe

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

Thats their only rival in common so it does matter although I agree triangle theories not always the rule but my main point is everybody seem to perceive Benavidez as some sort of killer but yet..he couldn't get Caleb out of there like the ginger did and ofc I also want to watch em fight but Im not goint to call a fighter with the pedigree of canelo a scared coward just cause he doesn't take the fight right away, its one fight at a time.
                      I guess Mungia is a killer because he got Ryder out of there and Canelo didn't. Doesn't take the fight right away? Mungia will be Canelos 9th fight in the division without fighting the top contender. That is 4 years, what the hell are you pretending like people are in a rush? lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X