Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ajayi 'Made Up' At Recognition for Yarde's Bravery Against Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ajayi 'Made Up' At Recognition for Yarde's Bravery Against Beterbiev

Tunde Ajayi praised the "massive achievement" of Anthony Yarde's fight with Artur Beterbiev being awarded Fight of the Year by the British Boxing Board of Control. It was Ajayi, Yarde's trainer and manager, who intervened to rescue him in the eighth round of the thrilling contest in January 2023 for the undefeated Beterbiev's IBF, WBO and WBC light-heavyweight titles. Beterbiev is on course to fight for the undisputed title against his fellow Russian Dmitrii Bivol in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on June 1, and the 32-year-old Yarde is expected to fight Joshua Buatsi in a stadium in London later that month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tunde tooting his own horn
    This is the reason why Yarde’s career does not advance
    tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Tunde tooting his own horn
      This is the reason why Yarde’s career does not advance
      I like Tunde, unlike most, but that mfer toots his own horn far too often as is so not surprised hes doing so here too. Fair play to him tho, everyone needs different sh^t to make themselves happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I like Tunde, unlike most, but that mfer toots his own horn far too often as is so not surprised hes doing so here too. Fair play to him tho, everyone needs different sh^t to make themselves happy.
        Wish Yarde would leave him and maybe he could better himself with another trainer
        I honestly think that Tunde holds him back

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Wish Yarde would leave him and maybe he could better himself with another trainer
          I honestly think that Tunde holds him back
          I bet its hard to leave a trainer you've been with since day 1 or early on. And iirc Yarde lost a lot of family during covid so Tunde might be one of his longest relationships in & out of boxing these days.

But yea I wouldn't disagree with you. I think more boxers should think business over loyalty with promoters, trainers, managers, whatever. Ultimately this is a business & whatever helps you reach your highest ceiling in the game should be the move. You can still be cool with ppl despite not working with them anymore.
          Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

What nonsense. Bravery would have been letting him continue. He quit before he got beaten senseless.

Which was the chancer Tunde’s plan along. Yarde had zero chance to win that fight, they knew it. Took the fight for the cash and then quit as soon as their man was about to get blasted.

They want to save Yarde for another bus driver before the next cash out.

Comment

I bet its hard to leave a trainer you've been with since day 1 or early on. And iirc Yarde lost a lot of family during covid so Tunde might be one of his longest relationships in & out of boxing these days.

But yea I wouldn't disagree with you. I think more boxers should think business over loyalty with promoters, trainers, managers, whatever. Ultimately this is a business & whatever helps you reach your highest ceiling in the game should be the move. You can still be cool with ppl despite not working with them anymore.
              I think he would benefit tremendously whether it be boxing or financially

Comment

Agree with this in any line of work. But especially a bizarre one like being a boxer where you’re the only one in the team with their health/life on the line.
                Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X