Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Warren’s Queensbury Promotions in talks with DAZN

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...erger-deal/amp
    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Said this months ago on here. Not that I knew anything.

But I predicted that basically Hearn, Warren and the Saudis will team up with one broadcaster, and DAZN is the obvious choice because they're a worldwide platform.

I reckon this is just the start. It wouldn't surprise me if they're looking at UFC as a model and essentially become their own organisation within the sport, their own titles etc. Hearn has talked about it before.

Well now they have the saudi money, the fighters, the broadcaster, the money to get more fighters. It makes sense. The usual governing bodies are a hindrance as much as anything. They won't need them. Or Sauliman and the WBC will join them as their belt organisation, to keep a bit of heritage in it all.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-24-2024, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Said this months ago on here. Not that I knew anything.

But I predicted that basically Hearn, Warren and the Saudis will team up with one broadcaster, and DAZN is the obvious choice because they're a worldwide platform.

I reckon this is just the start. It wouldn't surprise me if they're looking at UFC as a model and essentially become their own organisation within the sport, their own titles etc. Hearn has talked about it before.

Well now they have the saudi money, the fighters, the broadcaster, the money to get more fighters. It makes sense. The usual governing bodies are a hindrance as much as anything. They won't need them. Or Sauliman and the WBC will join them as their belt organisation, to keep a bit of heritage in it all.
      Interesting!!

Comment

I thought Warren was the head guy over there ? Lol

Warren without being an actual part of DAZN cannot be the head promoter . Frank has no role over there like up I’ve been telling you guys without being employed or attached to them as his platform to show his fights under his own promotion .

Im glad this cleared that up bc Hearn is actually in charge of DAZN boxing business over there ,he oversees everything on its budget . Lol

Comment

Nobody knows what the exact arrangement is between DAZN and the Saudi promoters
          who presumably are the ones paying for the production costs, fighters and everything.
          It's an entirely different arrangement where the producers don't care so much about PPV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            I thought Warren was the head guy over there ? Lol

Warren without being an actual part of DAZN cannot be the head promoter . Frank has no role over there like up I’ve been telling you guys without being employed or attached to them as his platform to show his fights under his own promotion .

Im glad this cleared that up bc Hearn is actually in charge of DAZN boxing business over there ,he oversees everything on its budget . Lol
            Well none of that is true at all.

DAZN have Matchroom and Golden Boy, do you think Hearn oversees the budget for Golden Boy shows?. DAZN also put an Wasserman cards, do you think Hearn oversees their cards?

They also put on Jake Paul's promotion company, again, nothing to do with Hearn and he doesn't oversee the budget. They also put on KSI's misfits cards

So there's 5 promotional companies on DAZN work with. Hearn doesn't oversees any budget but his own, he just happened to be the first promotional company to join. He doesn't run anything at DAZN, they were big in other countries before Hearn joined.

DAZN are simply wanting to add a 6th boxing promoter to their service in Frank Warren because they're all doing big things in Saudi.

I think you're mixed up, Eddie with Sky was their exclusive promoter and if any other promoter wanted a card on Sky, Eddie had a say.

That's not the case with DAZN.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-24-2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

His excellency flexing his power on Queensbury and Matchroom

Comment

Working...
              X