No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu And The Best From Down Under

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu And The Best From Down Under

When Tim Tszyu steps into the ring against late replacement Sebastian Fundora at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on March 30, he will do so not only as one of the hottest young boxers in the sport but also with a goal of cementing himself as one of the very best pugilists ever to emerge from Australia. With due respect to the likes of George Kambosos Jr., Tszyu is almost certainly already the No. 1 active boxer from the Land Down Under. But who are some of the other names in Australia's fistic history to whom Tszyu will ultimately be compared?
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks for reminding me of a few fights Vic was a fighter to watch, most everybody got a chance to see Tszyu's father fight several times. Nonito was a great fighter to watch take over the ring, Yea add a few names from other places like Johnny Tapia (La Vida Loco) Aron Pryor and punch up some nice old youtube fights for a Sunday afternoon. Is the current Zoo in the same league right now ? Not to me not yet at all but he is moving in the right direction and will hope to catch the fight next week......

Comment

wow a casual wrote this one. how can you leave out the by far most talented ever australian fighter in JAI OPETAIA??? He has the potential to become a p4p star and he already beat the number 1 in his division by showing heart and skill, a guy who gave Usyk his toughest fight to date. Jai Opetaia is Australians number 1 no doubt about and he also has potential to become a heavyweight champion especially considering his age and the weak talent in todays heavyweight division. i would bet all my money Opetaia beats an Jared Anderson even without gaining weight
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Moz_boxing View Post
        wow a casual wrote this one. how can you leave out the by far most talented ever australian fighter in JAI OPETAIA??? He has the potential to become a p4p star and he already beat the number 1 in his division by showing heart and skill, a guy who gave Usyk his toughest fight to date. Jai Opetaia is Australians number 1 no doubt about and he also has potential to become a heavyweight champion especially considering his age and the weak talent in todays heavyweight division. i would bet all my money Opetaia beats an Jared Anderson even without gaining weight
        selective memory i guess ? who knows recall on most fighters is slim at best and seclective most of the time boxing and fighters can be that way............i mean been a lot of breaks in the action thru the years as far as availability is concerned and now it is reduced to its lowest denominator when it comes to showing fights for the future fans of boxing, if any promo guy or writer even cares about boxing beyound the current money they can get from the sport.

Comment

I didn't remember that Fenech returned and beat Nelson in a third fight.

That would be good to watch again, although their first fight was the best, as co-main event to Tyson-Ruddock II I think.
          JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Crawford v tszyu is a huge fight. Undefeated and undisputed Crawford against young lion in the prime of his career tszyu.
            JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Moz_boxing View Post
              C'mon now, Jai has been fighting low ranked or unranked opponents, who do you call the number 1 in his division?
              Last edited by JJ75JJ; 03-25-2024, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I didn't remember that Fenech returned and beat Nelson in a third fight.

That would be good to watch again, although their first fight was the best, as co-main event to Tyson-Ruddock II I think.
                I'm still pissed off about that first fight, definitely fixed, Fenech beat the **** out of Nelson.
                Last edited by JJ75JJ; 03-25-2024, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X