Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi Predicts Canelo Alvarez Would Get 'Hammered' by David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo mops the floor with benavidez.... then everyone is gonna call benavidez a bum and they gonna say canelo have to rematch bivol...

the only guy that can beat canelo is bivol... benavidez will lose and will turn into a bum just like every other opponents that took an L against canelo...
    HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Benavidez is a stylistically easy fight for Alvarez to prepare for compared to his other mega fights such as Mayweather Junior, Bivol and Golovkin. Benavidez has all the attributes to make the fight competitive. But for me he really does not have the crucial attributes to a high enough level to beat Alvarez.

Benavidez defense, movement, athleticism, speed and his overall pure boxing skill level is not really elite.

Benavidez's entire game consist of fighting in a weight class 'Which I estimate is two full weight classes below, his more natural fighting weight'. Then his tactics are to bull his opponents with agression, pressure and punch combinations.

Benavidez is similar to Tony Bellow 'Before he moved up into the cruiserweight division'.

Anyone who has watched Alvarez's entire career, understand that stylistically Benavidez 'Of course has the ability to make the fight competitive, but he has not shown in any of his fights? The specific boxing attributes to a high level which have always challenged Alvarez greatly'.

Those attributes are Elite level Athleticism, Movement, Overall Speed, Pure boxing skills and gears 'All the fighters that have beaten Alvarez, have had those attributes to a very high level especially Floyd Mayweather Junior'.

Note: If Alvarez can maintain his form, then I think he will beat Benavidez 'The fight will be competitive, but Benavidez for me really is not challenging or putting pressure on the area's of Alvarez's game where he can be out boxed by certain fighters'.

To the casual boxing fans, or people who just analyse fights on a surface level 'This fight looks like brutal match up for Alvarez, much in the same way Kelly Pavlik vs Bernard Hopkins appeared to be a potentially brutal fight for Hopkins'.

But when you analyse the two fighters more in-depth? You will begin to realize that stylistically this fight is straight up Alvarez's street.

Benavidez due to not really having elite level boxing skills 'Has to move forward vs Alvarez, and just apply serious pressure'. This will make the fight competitive and extremely violent, but in that style of fight? Alvarez will be able to apply his best attribute 'Which is his inside game, and his defense on the inside'.

I don't think Benavidez can win rounds against Alvarez consistently, in that style of fight etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-25-2024, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Saul is an old 33. Win or lose, he's going to take some punishment vs Benavidez and I'm sure he realizes this.

This is one of those grueling fights that will take years off a career and Canelo is close to the end as is.

He's putting this fight off for as long as possible, but I still believe he'll fight him.

Comment

Working...
        X