Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Urges Active Joshua To Face Hrgovic While Waiting For Usyk-Fury Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Urges Active Joshua To Face Hrgovic While Waiting For Usyk-Fury Winner

Former two-weight world champion Carl Frampton has urged former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (28-3, 25 KOs) to maintain his activity and momentum and not wait for the winner of the undisputed heavyweight encounter between Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 KOs) and Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saudis already put money on the table for Hrgovic vs DDD.

Looking at the landscape of the division with Joyce back in the win column, he and AJ would be a highly marketable fight. Joyce is going to bring enough pressure to see if AJ is mentally there.

Comment

When the IBF strip the winner of Ussyk v Fury when they have their rematch its the most realistic chance Joshua has of regaining a version of the Heavyweight title. As we know it's all about money for today's fighters and Hrgovic is a high risk low reward so I'm not sure if this happens tbh.
      Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

I believe that it is for the best that Joshua loses later than sooner to Hrgovic. So no need for him to rush in to the Hrgovic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          I believe that it is for the best that Joshua loses later than sooner to Hrgovic. So no need for him to rush in to the Hrgovic fight.
          You must be delusional. Hrgovic is tailor made for AJ, straight up with no head and body movement. He might end up like Francis Ngannou. AJ is level above him in all boxing departments.
          Last edited by Boxviewer; 03-23-2024, 03:51 AM.

Comment

I'd pick AJ to win it but I don't see it happening.

Do you think they're gonna make a Hrgovic fight when his last 4 opponents have been Franklin, Helenius, Wallin and Ngannou? Given the fact they're lining him up for a big money fight with Fury when beats Usyk.

If AJ stays busy, it'll be another Helenius type of opponent. They won't risk rocking the boat at this point. Too much potential money on the table down the line.

My belief is AJ doesn't fight. They'll wait for Fury to beat Usyk and the Saidis will pay Usyk step aside to not do the rematch so Fury v AJ happens next. They've already hinted that it's very possible.

If that doesn't happen, then AJ v Hrgovic for the IBF will. Theyll make the fight if theres a title on the line, not as a stay busy fight.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-23-2024, 04:58 AM.

Comment

It would be good for Joshua to keep the crowd behind him at this point and keep active , Hrgovic would be a step up from Franklin , Helenis & Ngannou but I think that's enough confidence boosting , so lets see where he's really at. I will be supporting Joshua s long as these knock over's are now off the menu..In his current form I'd hope Joshua would dismantle Hrgovic , especially with Ben in camp, but he's not won me over enough since his annihilation by Ruiz and his two losses to Usyk to get too excited yet.

Comment

As far as I know, he will face the winner of the rematch, so supposedly this rematch will happen sometime in late 2024, the winner will be ready for another big fight by mid-2025 at the earliest and if this winner is Usyk, he will retire, so in such case, AJ will be facing the "loser" of this fight. So no more Franklins and Heleniuses, he will have to fight some decent contender - either Hrgovic or Dubois, because he will aim at the IBF. Supposedly beats the winner of Hrgovic-Dubois and considering when this eventual rematch will happen, he either stays inactive or will return to Franklins and Heleniuses - I am sure he will not take any high risk, that is in his past.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  I'd pick AJ to win it but I don't see it happening.

Do you think they're gonna make a Hrgovic fight when his last 4 opponents have been Franklin, Helenius, Wallin and Ngannou? Given the fact they're lining him up for a big money fight with Fury when beats Usyk.

If AJ stays busy, it'll be another Helenius type of opponent. They won't risk rocking the boat at this point. Too much potential money on the table down the line.

My belief is AJ doesn't fight. They'll wait for Fury to beat Usyk and the Saidis will pay Usyk step aside to not do the rematch so Fury v AJ happens next. They've already hinted that it's very possible.

If that doesn't happen, then AJ v Hrgovic for the IBF will. Theyll make the fight if theres a title on the line, not as a stay busy fight.
                  First, AJ has said that he will fight again this summer. And secondly AJ's team through Ben Davidson has said that they prefer to fight Usyk. It's much more easier to make than trying to negotiate a fight with Fury. AJ vs Fury fight might never happen especially if Fury manages to beat Usyk, which I seriously doubt, he retire instead of facing AJ. He simply doesn't want the smoke IMO.

Comment

Hrgovic would be a step up for both him & Aj but I've just read Wilder v Zhang & Hrgovic v Dubois on the LH undesputed undercard, would this then leave Parker v Aj? Plot thickens. If that is the case i hope Parker is alowed by the ref to hit back this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X